Chapter 144

At this point, Zhou Yi finally grasped the general idea. Although Grandfather Zhou's talent was not top-notch, being able to cultivate to the tenth level of inner strength and reach the pinnacle realm was a testament that he was not a foolish person. It was just a past negligence that led to an irreparable fact, which ultimately resulted in his expulsion from the sect.

However, in Grandfather Zhou's heart, there seemed to be an extreme stubbornness, a desire to return to the Hengshan Sect. Zhou Yi couldn't quite understand this sentiment and didn't hold much longing for the Hengshan Sect himself. To him, the importance of the Hengshan Sect was far less than that of the Zhou family. But in Grandfather Zhou's mind, Hengshan was the place where he had grown up, just like Zhou Yi's perception of Zhou Village.

As long as there was a glimmer of possibility, he would never give up. "When we made that big mistake back then and left, besides Senior Martial Brother Wu Jin, the fellow disciples on the mountain turned their backs on us one by one, mocking me and Lai Bao, saying that we would never have a chance to return to the sect." A slightly abnormal flush gradually appeared on his face as he continued, "It's been over forty years, and I thought there was no chance of returning to the sect anymore. But the heavens have opened their eyes and bestowed you upon Zhou Village. This is a gift from heaven." The old man sighed for a while and said, "Yi, Grandfather really wants to thank you for fulfilling this final wish of mine." Zhou Yi quickly stood up and said, "Grandfather, there's no need for you to thank me. Does your grandson still need your thanks?"

Although he said this, deep down in his heart, Zhou Yi couldn't help but wonder if Grandfather was right. The extraordinary encounter in the lake back then was indeed a gift from the heavens.

Could it be that the heavens truly heard Grandfather's thoughts and chose him, casting that mysterious and unfathomable object into the lake?

Zhou Wude stroked his beard and said, "Yi, back then, Lai Bao and I were driven down the mountain by our fellow disciples. We will never forget that humiliation. That's why I gave him a portion of the Limit-Breaking Golden Pill and the Energy-Boosting Golden Pill,. Within two months, he will surely advance to become a master of the tenth level of inner strength." As he spoke, Zhou Wude's eyes sparkled with determination. "

By then, the three of us will go to Hengshan together. I want everyone to know that not only has our Zhou family produced a cultivator at the Innate Realm, but both Lai Bao and I have also become masters of the tenth level of inner strength. I want those who humiliated us in the past to deeply regret their actions."

Zhou Yi took a sharp breath, surprised by his grandfather's concern for those who humiliated them. Suddenly, he seemed to understand something. Grandfather's strong attachment to the sect and his desperate efforts to return to Hengshan were not solely due to their master-disciple relationship. It was also about reclaiming their dignity in the eyes of those who had humiliated them.

With a thought in his mind, Zhou Yi asked, "Grandfather, you're already in your eighties, and so is Lai Bao. But do you think that after forty years, the people who humiliated you back then could still be alive?"

Zhou Wude raised his eyebrows and said, "Rest assured, within the realm of Hengshan, the qi of heaven and earth is abundant. People who live there have a lifespan at least 30% longer than those outside. Moreover, those who once insulted us were merely in their thirties at that time. Now that even I am still alive, they should pose no problem at all."

Zhou Yi could only smile wryly. He already sensed that his grandfather's determination was deeply rooted and not something he could change. The older people grew, the more stubborn they became in certain matters, and Zhou Wude was undoubtedly no exception.