Chapter 101

The sunlight shimmered with crystalline clarity, while the lush trees stood in tranquil stillness, and the magnificent estate exuded an air of solemnity.

However, within the depths of this dim and secluded courtyard, an overwhelming and tangible aura pervaded the surroundings. Fortunately, all the servants and attendants had been previously dispatched elsewhere. Otherwise, the sudden transformation would have caused immense shock and excitement among them.

Within the silent chamber, Zhou Yi's body had become ablaze, as if he were a furnace itself, with the Fiery Flame Technique of his fire-based internal energy pushed to its extreme. His clothes disintegrated into ashes in an instant, and even the cushion beneath him suffered the misfortune of being reduced to a smoldering ruin.

Thankfully, the walls of this chamber were constructed with sturdy brick and stone. If it were a wooden structure, it would have been difficult to preserve.

However, in this moment, Zhou Yi's heart was filled with a strong anticipation. He could sense that the power of the Fiery Flame Technique had reached its limit, but with the inclusion and catalysis of the Withered Wood technique, the potential of this martial art continued to rise.

Finally, all the energy accumulated in the tenth stage of the Withered Wood technique transformed into nourishment, pouring into the Fiery Flame Technique

The tremendous and unimaginable power suddenly erupted.

It was a mutation, a qualitative change in energy. The Fiery Flame Technique was no longer just the ordinary Fiery Flame Technique—it had absorbed the essence of the Withered Wood technique, becoming an entirely different martial art in nature.

Zhou Yi's body trembled violently, as if countless needles were piercing his surface.

After cultivating the Withered Wood technique, his body had developed a significantly higher resistance to pain. Not only would he not feel any pain from needle pricks, but even if someone were to wield a knife against him, it would unlikely cause him any harm.

But this sensation of needle pricks far exceeded Zhou Yi's imagination, as if there were countless drilling machines within his body, piercing him from the inside out and from the outside in, creating innumerable openings.

This seemed to surpass the threshold of pain that a human body could endure, even giving rise to a sense of wishing for death rather than continuing to suffer.

However, this feeling lasted only for an instant.

After that brief moment, the sensation vanished completely.

And when all the pain dissipated, Zhou Yi's spirit was instantly invigorated. He felt a peculiar energy surging into his body from the outside.

It was not the internal energy converted from his physical vitality, but rather an energy absorbed from the external world.

This energy was drawn to his mutated Fire Flame technique, which is why it continuously poured into his body. His body became like a container magnified tenfold, with the energy streaming in ceaselessly and rapidly filling every inch of space within.

His skin, muscles, bones, organs, every cell in his body underwent subtle changes under the impact of this energy.

It was as if he were immersed in a scorching hot spring, creating an incredibly blissful sensation within his body.

This was the purification of energy, leading to a profound transformation of his body. Not only did his physical strength experience an unimaginable enhancement, but even his lifespan increased in a mysterious and unknown way through this extraordinary change.