Chapter 159

The sudden thunderous roar echoed through the air, shattering the calm like a massive stone plunging into still waters. Instantly, it stirred the shouts and chain reactions of countless onlookers.

Around the carriage, several dozen skilled attendants stood guard, among them, six were meticulously chosen by the Zi family, their prowess reaching the seventh layer of inner strength.

Only those attendants nurtured since childhood were willing to serve the family even at the seventh layer of inner strength. Of course, once they reached the eighth layer, they would no longer be mere attendants but true members of the family's inner circle.

However, for the majority of individuals, reaching the seventh layer through their own strength was already the limit, even within esteemed families like the Zi.

From any perspective, the defenses around the carriage were exceedingly tight. Yet, with one commanding shout, an inexplicable, off-balance sensation befell these guards.

The one at the forefront bellowed, "Be careful, everyone!" He swiftly unsheathed his sword, a vibrant green steel blade gleaming with faint traces of red light.

His skills were undoubtedly the most remarkable among them all. With a quick glance, he already spotted a figure descending from above. Reacting swiftly, he stomped his feet and instantly soared into the air, simultaneously extending his hand. The longsword in his grip transformed into a streak of light, thrusting forward with lightning speed.

However, just as his blade was about to strike, a blinding white light flooded his vision. Soon after, an excruciating pain shot through his eyes, causing his sword to deviate from its intended path.

Seizing the opportunity, the figure landed on the ground, raising his hand as a cloud of white powder billowed into the air.

"Watch out, it's lime!" someone suddenly cried out. The attendants were filled with anger at this turn of events.

As attendants of the Zi family, they had countless experiences in real combat. However, whether it was sparring with each other or clashing with attendants from other noble families, they had never encountered such underhanded tactics before.

Indeed, in the fiercely martial northwest kingdoms, using such methods to strike at the enemy was considered highly contemptible.

When the figure sprinkled the lime, he followed it with a powerful punch that struck the leader's nose. The leader, already teary-eyed, fell to the ground after taking the blow, while his precious sword was deftly snatched away.

The figure seized the sword and immediately charged toward the carriage.

Several attendants squinted their eyes, having clearly discerned the person's appearance. It was a burly man with a pointed nose, his eyes bloodshot, fixated on the carriage as if it held something that deeply enraged him.

These attendants had heard his furious shout earlier, and they couldn't help but feel astonished. However, a few of them knew that the guest who had entered the carriage to deliver food earlier was named Fan Yue. They immediately associated this name with Fan Haoyue.

However, at this moment, no one voiced their inquiries. Several attendants crossed their longswords, launching a coordinated series of strikes.

Yet, in mid-air, the figure executed a swift spin. His sword moved like a blur, either parrying the attacking swords or narrowly evading them.

Everyone was filled with astonishment. In just that brief moment, the figure had already rushed to the front of the carriage, extending his sword and cleaving open the door.