Chapter 167

Gazing into the distance, the veiled mist enshrouds the landscape. Within that mist, the distant mountain peaks transform into various intriguing forms; at times resembling graceful fairies, at times like an elderly figure leaning on a staff, at times akin to a mischievous monkey offering peaches, and at times resembling untamed wild horses. In the gentle haze of this morning, they appear and disappear, sometimes distant, sometimes near.

Though initially, Zhou Wude and Zhou Laibao had chosen different paths, none of them could have foreseen that they would eventually meet at a certain place. Even after forty years of absence, they could never forget this place within their hearts.

After several days of travel, Zhou Yi, at first, thought that Yuan Lixun's pace was slow, which prompted the two elderly men to slow down and accompany him. However, as the destination drew near, Zhou Yi realized that the hearts of the two old men were also filled with immense anticipation, a feeling that was difficult to put into words.

It was not fear but excitement, an indescribable sensation. In Taicang County, they had repeatedly spoken of returning to Hengshan, to astonish those who had mocked them forty years ago, to make them pick up the insulting words they had uttered and swallow them whole.

However, as they approached Hengshan, they couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety, a mix of emotions flooding their hearts.

At this moment, the two elderly men gaze at a vast expanse of rolling mountain peaks in the distance, their expressions becoming incredibly complex. Zhou Yi looks at them and finally asks, "Grandfather, have we arrived?"

Zhou Wude let out a long sigh and said, "You're right, we have arrived." It was as if he had just awakened from a strong surge of emotions, his spirit rejuvenated. He declared in a resounding voice, "Let's go."

Zhou Laibao also chuckled and said, "Let's go."

The two elderly men strode forward with great strides, their bodies upright like a javelin. Beneath their constantly moving feet seemed to be brewing an immense and unparalleled power.

Zhou Yi looked at them in astonishment. At this moment, although there were only two of them, they gave Zhou Yi a sudden and magnificent feeling, as if they were an army of thousands of horses.

This feeling should never have occurred in cultivators who had achieved their level through acquired training. But at this moment, Zhou Yi keenly sensed that due to their intense and unprecedented emotional fluctuations, they had undergone a magical transformation with some external force that Zhou Yi could never have anticipated.

In his mind, a frenzy of a thousand galloping horses suddenly emerged. Although the momentum emanating from the two old men was far from reaching that level, there was a faint resemblance.

Zhou Yi let out a long sigh. His eyes sparkled with brilliance, as if he had touched upon something crucial within his heart.

Regrettably, this feeling only flashed by, disappearing in an instant, becoming elusive once again.

"Young Master, what's wrong?" Yuan Lixun asked softly.

There seemed to be a subtle connection between her and Zhou Yi, as she could sense his current mood just by observing his subtle reactions. Zhou Yi smiled at her, lowering his voice and said, "It's nothing. I just remembered a certain technique, but unfortunately, I haven't fully comprehended it yet."

Yuan Lixun comforted, "Young Master, I believe you will definitely comprehend it."

Zhou Yi nodded firmly, his gaze filled with strong self-assurance.

The two of them held hands and walked side by side with the elders.

※※※※

The cluster of mountain peaks seemed within reach, but as the group progressed, they realized the journey was not as brief as it appeared. It took a good half-day for Zhou Wude and the others to reach the foot of the mountain peaks, despite their swift pace.