Chapter 99

The area of Zhou Family Village was not small, but when Zhou Yi entered Xu Family Manor, he realized that Xu Family Manor was much larger than Zhou Family Village. However, it was only today, when he rode a tall and majestic horse led by Xie Mingjin within the Xie Mansion, that he truly understood the vastness within this ancestral home that had been passed down for centuries.

Of course, if the cultivable fields within Xu Family Manor were also taken into account, it would surpass the area of the Xie Mansion.

Xie Mingjin dismounted in a heavily guarded courtyard. Although he was the well-known young master of the Xie Family, the guards here did not pay him any special attention. It was only when he presented a golden token that they respectfully allowed him to pass.

The strict enforcement of the Xie Mansion's rules and regulations was evident from this scene alone.

Within this courtyard were more than ten rooms, each with a row of small characters written above the door. Xie Mingjin did not hesitate and led the way directly to a room labeled "Golden Pill" before pushing open the door.

Observing his actions, it was evident that he was quite familiar with this place, likely due to multiple visits with Xie Nuanyi.

As he entered the room, Zhou Yi was greatly surprised. The room was filled with two bookshelves, stacked with books—some old, some newer, and even a few bamboo slips, a method of recording text that had been obsolete for eight hundred years. Perhaps only in a family that had been passed down for thousands of years would such antiques be found.

With a sweep of his gaze over the bookshelves, a bitter feeling welled up in his heart. Truly, it was an ancient and prestigious family with a thousand years of heritage. There were so many books on the subject of the Golden Pill alone, making it difficult for him to decide where to begin reading.

He made this request simply to obtain some prescriptions on how to refine the Inner Dan into the Golden Pill. However, finding what he wanted among so many books was no easy task.

Just as he was secretly worrying, he saw Xie Mingjin quickly approach the bookshelves and asked, "Brother Zhou, do you want to start from scratch or do you just want to refine the Golden Pill?"

Zhou Yi was taken aback and asked, "What's the difference?"

"If you want to start from scratch, you'll need to read a complete set of introductory books and cover about one-fifth of the books here, fully comprehending and integrating the knowledge. Then you can consider yourself accomplished," Xie Mingjin explained.

Without hesitation, Zhou Yi shook his head. He didn't have that much spare time.

"If you don't want to master all the knowledge, then you'll only need to have a basic understanding of the different categories and functions of the Golden Pill. As for the prescriptions, you'll have to rely on your memorization," Xie Mingjin said with a serious expression. "You can freely look at the prescriptions here, but you cannot copy them."

Zhou Yi nodded understandingly. The fact that they were willing to show him the prescriptions was already a great favor. If he were to push further and copy them, it would likely immediately provoke their displeasure.

However, he also understood why Xie Nuanyi was so generous. With his memory alone, he could only remember a few prescriptions, at most dozens. But compared to the collection of books in this room, those prescriptions were just a dro

"Brother Xie, I'll just look at books about the uses and prescriptions of the Golden Pill."

"Alright." Xie Mingjin stood before the bookshelves, pondered for a moment, and finally pulled out a few books. He said, "These are the most important ones. Start by familiarizing yourself with them."