Chapter 148

Beneath his feet, as if treading on cotton, not a single sound was made. Before taking a few steps, Zhou Yi had already returned from outside the study. The study's door was left ajar, and before Zhou Yi entered, he saw Yuan Lixun standing at the desk, holding a pen and sketching something. Intrigued, he didn't speak to startle her but instead swiftly approached from behind.

On the table, a book lay open, displaying exercises for cultivating true qi. Besides that, there were vivid illustrations. Yuan Lixun, with pen in hand, was transcribing everything from the book onto another sheet of paper.

Her calligraphy was graceful and alluring, but what truly astonished Zhou Yi were the drawings. They were practically identical to the original illustrations, with no discernible differences, even in the minutest details. In just one glance, Zhou Yi knew that Yuan Lixun's artistic skills far surpassed his own, and her keen observation set her apart.

Compared to her, Zhou Yi's calligraphy and drawings were truly lacking.

Suddenly, Zhou Yi's gaze veered slightly and landed on Yuan Lixun's neck. The exposed snowy white neck, as if carved from marble, tempted one to caress it. Her well-proportioned shoulders swayed rhythmically in tandem with the movements of her pen.

She was completely engrossed in her current task, oblivious to the fact that someone was peering at her. And precisely because of her unwavering concentration, an inexplicable aura of intellect radiated from her, causing even Zhou Yi, standing beside her, to become slightly absent-minded.

Yuan Lixun's movements became slightly more pronounced as she unfolded a completed transcription paper and delicately placed it in a corner of the desk. She tiptoed ever so slightly, her waist gracefully arched, forming a marvelous curve before Zhou Yi's eyes.

As her elbow was about to touch her body, Zhou Yi instinctively lowered his waist and chest. For some reason, he suddenly relished this moment, hesitant to disturb the woman who was wholeheartedly transcribing the secret manual.

Abruptly, Zhou Yi realized that he had unconsciously activated the Breath-holding Technique. With his skill, once he employed this technique, even if he stood behind Yuan Lixun, she would have no chance of detecting his presence.

His face blushed slightly, and Zhou Yi inwardly wondered, could it be that he had developed a penchant for voyeurism?

Yuan Lixun lowered her head once again, flipping to the next page of the ShunFeng Er manual on the table and resuming her transcription. Meanwhile, Zhou Yi silently stood behind her, observing her every move.

He didn't quite understand why he was doing this, but he vaguely felt that something within his heart had been gently stirred.

Finally, Yuan Lixun set down her pen, and her cheeks were tinged with a faint blush as she wore a satisfied smile.

Zhou Yi suddenly snapped back to reality. His figure moved once again, and he silently and ghost-like left the room.

Yuan Lixun seemed to have noticed something. Surprised, she lifted her head and glanced to the side but failed to capture any trace of Zhou Yi's figure.

Zhou Yi arrived in the corridor outside the study and deliberately exerted a bit of force, creating a faint sound of footsteps.

Indeed, when Zhou Yi returned to the study's entrance, Yuan Lixun had already finished organizing everything and was smiling, awaiting his arrival.

"What were you doing?" Zhou Yi asked, feigning ignorance.

"Young master, I saw you transcribing this book, but you had only completed half of it before going to meet Master Lin. So, I took the liberty to finish it for you," Yuan Lixun lowered her head slightly and said softly.