Chapter 164

The dual-headed spirit beast's one head unleashed a green gust of wind, transforming into a powerful force that struck Yuan Lixun submerged in the water. However, the other head remained vigilant and never relaxed its guard against Zhou Yi. The fireball spewing from its mouth accelerated in the next moment.

Yet, at this very moment, it felt an immense sense of danger. This feeling originated from the human before it. Although from the beginning, this human had given it a similar impression, it was far from being as intense as it was now.

Its four eyes finally revealed an expression of extreme fear and astonishment. Its lingering gaze swept across the rippling water in the pool for one last time before it made the decision to flee from this place.

While it was reluctant to leave behind the peculiar giant stone, it understood even more clearly that without the stone's powers, its fate would be extremely pitiable if it continued to engage with the human before it.

However, just as it decided to depart, the sense of danger suddenly escalated to an unimaginable level. In its four eyes, it was completely overwhelmed by a dazzling light, completely submerged.

※※※※

The atmosphere in the air instantly underwent an inexplicable change. As Zhou Yi's internal true energy transformed into the Metal Essence technique, not only did the surrounding elemental forces experience a distortion, but this power rapidly expanded to encompass half of the valley.

At this moment, the blade's edge seemed to transform into a sun, a metallic-colored sun shining brilliantly.

There was no sound at all. It seemed that even sound was muffled within this area, overshadowed by this eerie and formidable metallic brilliance. All the radiance converged into a massive blade aura, reflecting a fierce and sharp light.

Suddenly, Zhou Yi's body vanished from the spot, and a piercing shriek, akin to a mountain collapsing and a tsunami raging, resounded around him. The blade of the Grand Guan Dao, no longer slithering like a nimble serpent, transformed into an enormous, substantial metallic hue. It extended from the blade, resembling a sharp tip that exuded an aura of solemn coldness.

The twin-headed spirit beast, sensing an impending apocalyptic terror, spared no effort and discarded all reservations. From its dual mouths, an unprecedented surge of immense power coalesced, as gusts of wind and balls of fire simultaneously erupted.

Its belly swiftly deflated, as if that breath had expelled its heart, liver, stomach, and spleen, leaving it practically pressed against its spine, creating an inexplicable sense of absurdity.

These two distinct forces merged and intertwined in the air, showcasing its ultimate life-saving technique. In that very instant, the two energies fused, unleashing their most formidable might.

In the blink of an eye, wind fueled the flames, and fire borrowed the wind's momentum, culminating in a towering whirlwind of infinite scorching flames before its eyes.

Yet, at that precise moment, a luminous figure appeared amidst the wind and fire—a colossal and terrifying Grand Guan Dao. With a single swing, it cleaved through the wind, the fire, and everything before it, striking like lightning without giving it any chance to evade.

The Thirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing, the Sixteenth Form.

This is one of the most formidable martial techniques Zhou Yi has mastered thus far, and it is the sole innate combat technique within the Metal Elemental Arts.

The twin-headed spirit beast possesses steel-like bones that are not inferior to the Long-Armed Marten. The first strike Zhou Yi delivered to it already contained the power of clouds and rain.