Chapter 34

In the grand hall of the Zhou family, everyone gathered together for a meal. At the head of the table, due to the presence of senior members like Zhou Wude, Zhou Yitian and Zhou Yi dared not make any noise or show any disrespect. However, the atmosphere was much livelier among the siblings seated below the head. Though they refrained from being loud and boisterous, there was an air of excitement.

Today being the middle of the month, all the younger generation came out to dine in the hall, including Zhou Yi. Since he discovered that his eldest brother had returned to normal, his interest in seclusion had greatly diminished. Although he continued to diligently cultivate as usual, during the middle of the month, he would come out and join everyone else.

The subtle changes between the two brothers were not apparent among the third-generation descendants, but they couldn't escape the astute observation of the scheming Zhou Wude. Once the relationship between the brothers was restored, Zhou Wude and the others finally let go of their worries.

At this moment, Zhou patriarch looked on contentedly as numerous descendants gathered together. Over the decades, thanks to his efforts, the Zhou family had flourished, and he even had a feeling that the days of the Zhou family's dominance over Taicang County were not too far away.

Of course, turning fantasies into reality required continuous and substantial efforts.

With his gaze returning from the crowd, the patriarch picked up the teacup in front of him and took a sip before speaking loudly, "Quanyi, what does the second son's letter say?"

Zhou Quanyi stepped forward and said, "Father, the second brother's letter states that in five days, it will be Cheng family's patriarch's birthday. He has already prepared a gift and asks us to decide who should deliver it from our estate."

Zhou Wude casually waved his hand and said, "Let it be your task to handle this matter. Make sure the gift we send is of high quality to avoid tarnishing our reputation."

"Yes," Zhou Quanyi hesitated for a moment and continued, "Father, according to the second brother, among the representatives from the Xu family attending Zhou Shou's birthday celebration, the name Xu Xiangqian was mentioned."

Zhou Wude's eyebrows twitched slightly, and he raised them lightly as he asked, "Xu Xiangqian, is he the fourth son of the Xu family who has already reached the ninth level of Inner Qi?"

Indeed, Xu Xiangqian is a martial fanatic. He is in his forties but still unmarried. After decades of effort, he advanced to the ninth level of Inner Qi last year. He is the only top expert in the Xu family with the potential to reach the pinnacle of the tenth level," Zhou Quanyi said with a grave expression.

"The ninth level..." Zhou Wude nodded lightly, pondered for a moment, and suddenly a disdainful smirk appeared on his face. He said, "The Xu family is displaying their strength to the outside world."

"Yes, father. Now even the second generation of the Xu family has high-level experts at the ninth level of Inner Qi. Even the Cheng family will regard them highly. If the Xu family outperforms us in this Cheng family banquet, it will be quite troublesome," Zhou Quanyi added.

Zhou Wude let out a cold snort and said, "What kind of trouble is that? If they want to surpass us, I won't let them have their way. Quanxin..."

"Here."

"This time, I want you to lead the team. Yitian, Yi Hai,Yi, and Yi Xuan, the four of you will go," Zhou Wude's eyes flashed with a sharp gleam. He continued, "I want everyone in Taicang County to know that whether it's the second generation or the third generation, the Zhou family is the leading force in Zhuang."

As the powerful words of the patriarch resounded, the younger generation present in the room became invigorated. Their eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

This was not merely a personal grudge but a collective honor, especially when they looked at Zhou Yitian and Zhou Yi, their eyes carried a hint of envy and admiration. Although they were siblings of the same generation, a distinction had already been made, and the two of them would undoubtedly become the pride of the new generation of the Zhou family.