Chapter 78

"Cease...," a resounding shout erupted from Lin Taoli's lips, while simultaneously, his hands once again formed the unbreakable Earth Seal, resembling an impenetrable fortress that no one could breach.

Zhou Yi's expression flickered slightly, but the punch he had just thrown did not immediately retract. Instead, it lightly touched the Earth Seal, sensing the subtle changes produced by the collision of two different inner energies. Only then did he withdraw his fist and step back forcefully.

Once he steadied himself, a hint of doubt shrouded his eyes as he looked at Lin Taoli. However, in his heart, a different thought had already taken hold. He wanted to find an isolated place to thoroughly test the effects of the unique martial technique he had just acquired.

He wondered what peculiar changes would occur when he employed this extraordinary technique after combining it with his four different elemental cultivation methods.

Of course, in front of Lin Taoli, and even in front of these people, he couldn't possibly reveal this technique. If anyone found out that he had deliberately learned and imitated someone else's technique, especially during his exchange with Lin Taoli, it would not only frighten them but also likely get him branded as a monster and beaten to death.

Lin Taoli also took a few steps back, his gaze fixed on Zhou Yi. With a solemn expression, he said, "Brother Zhou, at the banquet earlier, Elder Cheng introduced you as the most talented and skilled young martial artist in Taicang County, as well as the most gifted practitioner in over a century. Initially, I didn't pay much heed to it, but now..." He paused, a bitter smile appearing on his face, and continued, "Now, I realize I've underestimated you."

Zhou Yi's face faintly reddened. Though he had become accustomed to countless people's scrutinizing gazes, it was indeed the first time someone praised him so highly on the arena.

After a moment's contemplation, realizing he had nothing else to say, he bowed once more and said, "Young Master Lin, you flatter me excessively."

Lin Tao Li shook his head slightly and replied, "I have never been so generous with praise before, but I truly believe that you are unquestionably the most talented cultivator in our Linlang County."

Many people in the hall had already learned of Zhou Yi's background. A fifteen-year-old eighth-layer Inner Energy cultivator who had mastered the essence of the metal Elemental technique—thus, their evaluation of Lin Tao Li didn't come as a surprise. If even such a formidable expert couldn't receive such praise, then the rest of the cultivators must be nothing but mediocrity.

However, the onlookers in the distant spectators' stand beneath the arena were genuinely astonished. In their minds, the sixth young master of the Zhou family was formidable, but even if he was touted as the number one in Taicang County, when did they witness the arrival of a genius ranked first in the entire Linlang County? It was beyond their imagination.

For a moment, an eerie silence fell upon the arena, and even those whispering among themselves ceased to do so.

Zhou Yi forced a bitter smile and shifted his gaze towards his father in the stands. How should he handle this situation?

Seemingly sharing a telepathic connection, after catching Zhou Yi's gaze, Zhou Quanming loudly proclaimed, "Yi, Young Master Lin is guiding you in your martial arts. You must quickly express your gratitude to Young Master Lin."

Willingly, Zhou Yi bowed to Lin Tao Li and said, "Thank you, Young Master Lin."

Having engaged in a protracted battle with Lin Tao Li, Zhou Yi had gained a deep understanding of the Ground Printing Seal. While he might not be able to fully reproduce it, it would undoubtedly greatly assist his cultivation. In Zhou Yi's eyes, Lin Tao Li truly became a benevolent person in that moment.