Chapter 152

Two majestic eagles soared through the sky, dancing amidst the billowing white clouds. They would dart towards the sun, circling around it, transforming into two tiny black dots, and then gracefully spread their wings, gliding downwards like creatures swimming in an ocean of air.

Suddenly, a piercing whistle echoed from the ground below, as if responding to a hidden command. The two eagles swiftly changed their course, diving steeply towards the earth. Their bodies brushed the ground, causing a spray of blood and the pitiful cries of a hapless mountain chicken.

In an instant, the vibrant and colorful mountain chickens were caught in their grasp, and the eagles swiftly carried their prey to the vast open field outside the woods. A triumphant laughter erupted, resonating through the air. Lord YuRuiPei, the ruler of Tianluo Kingdom, laughed heartily, and with a wave of his hand, attendants promptly stepped forward to attend to the magnificent hunting falcons.

This was the Royal Garden, situated twenty miles away from the capital of Tianluo Kingdom. Within the garden, there lay an entrance that led to the depths of the mountains—a special hunting ground reserved for the royal family and nobles of high status. After years of hunting, it had become increasingly difficult to find formidable prey within the garden. To secure a bountiful harvest, one had to venture deeper into the mountains, far beyond the garden's boundaries.

Despite the season not being optimal for hunting, Lord YuRuiPei still ordered the gathering of warriors to accompany the prince and princess of Kairong Kingdom, along with the master protector of the kingdom, for a hunting expedition.

This decision was closely tied to the flourishing martial prowess of the northwestern nations.

Witnessing the eagles' remarkable performance, Lord YuRuiPei's joy knew no bounds. He exclaimed, "Gentlemen, the esteemed envoys of Kairong Kingdom have arrived. Our warriors of Tianluo Kingdom shall welcome them with utmost enthusiasm!" His voice carried far, resonating through the vast expanse for miles to hear.

Although his internal energy cultivation had yet to reach the pinnacle of the tenth level, Lord YuRuiPei possessed strength equivalent to around the eighth level. With the support of Shui Xuanjin, his position as the ruler of Tianluo Kingdom remained as unshakable as Mount Tai.

Beside him, a resounding roar erupted, igniting the excitement in the eyes of over a thousand individuals.

Lord YuRuiPei turned around and asked, "Your Highness, will your men not participate?"

The third prince, Zhan Zhichao, smiled faintly and replied, "Since His Majesty the King has extended an invitation, let our young warriors showcase their skills as well." Clearly, he had come prepared, taking confident strides forward with four attendants closely following behind.

Lord YuRuiPei's expression slightly changed as he said, "Does the third prince intend to hunt personally?"

Zhan Zhichao burst into laughter and declared, "Indeed! In Kairong Kingdom, we uphold martial traditions. As a prince, I must set an example. How could I miss such a grand event?"

Lord YuRuiPei's face stiffened. Suddenly, a figure dashed out from not far behind him and deeply bowed, saying, "Father, what the third prince said is true. Your child is not talented, but I also wish to join the hunting party."

Everyone raised their gazes and nodded inwardly. The one stepping forward at this moment was none other than Yu Xiaoyi, the Crown Prince of Tianluo Kingdom.

Lord YuRuiPei's face eased slightly as he gave him a deep look, his eyes filled with undisguised satisfaction and admiration.

"Very well. Since that's the case, let the hunt begin. Off you go."