Chapter 39

As a figure swiftly flashed through the air, Xu Yude, standing beside the platform, leaped up and lightly tapped a few people's heads with the tips of his toes, using their bodies as leverage to catch up with Xu Yucai, who was flying backwards in mid-air. He extended his long arm high and gently embraced his brother, pulling him into his arms.

Being suspended in mid-air, Xu Yude twisted his body slightly and cast a final glance at Zhou Yi on the platform. Then, he immediately sprinted away into the distance.

After witnessing Zhou Yi's punch, Xu Yude had understood the gap between them. He felt a tremendous sense of oppression in his heart, even a profound sense of despair. He faintly sensed that he would never surpass this young man in front of him in this lifetime.

Therefore, without leaving behind any parting words, he turned around and left with his injured brother in his arms.

Everyone who witnessed this scene on several streets had their eyes wide open, staring in inexplicable astonishment at Zhou Yi on the platform, who wore a cold smile.

In that moment, his small figure seemed incredibly tall, and no one dared to underestimate him because of his age. Every onlooker's gaze held a shock that they themselves couldn't believe.

Zhou Yi looked around, his gaze not as sharp as Xu Yude's, but all those who met his eyes unconsciously slightly lowered their bodies. In the presence of this martial arts master, these ordinary people couldn't hide their deep-seated fear.

With a faint smile, in reality, Zhou Yi felt much more nervous than anyone could imagine. Beyond the crowd's expectations, there were at least a thousand people outside the platform. Even though he knew that these people posed no threat to him, their collective gaze still made his heart hang high.

While he was solely focused on restoring his family's reputation earlier when facing Xu Yucai's powerful strike, now that he had relaxed, he couldn't help but feel a sense of trepidation.

When it came to the family's New Year martial arts competition, he had experienced something similar before. Back then, he had also faced off against his older brothers in front of hundreds of people, so he had some similar experiences. Otherwise, at this moment, he would have probably covered his face and fled long ago.

After all, before the extraordinary encounter in the lake, he was just an ordinary youth. Perhaps in the future, after experiencing similar situations multiple times, he would be able to remain calm and composed under the gaze of more people. But right now, he was far from achieving that.

With a slight exertion of his feet, Zhou Yi had already left the arena and approached his third brother.

At this moment, Zhou Yixuan had already snapped out of the shock from earlier. He looked at his younger brother with a complex expression in his eyes. Although he had countless questions he wanted to ask, he knew this was not the place to talk. He whispered, "Let's go."

The two brothers strode away, and everyone they passed by avoided them like the plague, instantly clearing a path leading straight to the street.

After the two of them left, the previously suppressed clamor broke out without restraint.

The battle at the intersection between the Zhou family and the Cheng family became a widely circulated event in the city, and Zhou Yi became famous through this battle, becoming the most renowned young expert among the three prominent families in Taicang County. His prominence overshadowed even Zhou Yitian.

As they left those streets behind, Zhou Yixuan's pace grew faster and faster. Although his arm was injured, with the help of his younger brother, it had almost fully healed.