Chapter 56

The sound of galloping hooves suddenly echoed on the official road leading to the county. Four robust horses dashed out from Zhou Manor, reaching the county in less than half a day. Leading the group was Zhou Quanxin, the renowned ninth-level cultivator of Taicang County from Zhou Manor.

Upon their arrival in the county, instead of returning home, they immediately headed to Cheng Mansion. The sudden speed surprised Cheng Hui, the head of Cheng Clan, but it was undoubtedly a pleasant surprise for the mansion. Cheng JiaHui, like a shooting star, personally greeted them and led them straight into the inner hall. His gaze often lingered on Zhou Yitian, revealing his intentions, causing Zhou Yitian's face to blush slightly.

As the eldest grandson of Zhou Clan, Yitian had long known that his marriage couldn't be determined solely by his own preferences. For the sake of the family's interests, his choice of spouse was not based on whether he liked the person or not. However, he didn't resist this notion much, for he understood that it was his duty to bear for the sake of the family.

Among the Cheng Clan, their daughter was undoubtedly the most suitable match in terms of background. Observing the behavior of his grandfather and father, it seemed they were highly interested in this union. Thinking of this, Yitian glanced in the direction of Yi, letting out a silent sigh. He had already heard from his father privately that his younger brother possessed extraordinary talent. As a result, the family had decided not to arrange a marriage for him, so as not to hinder his cultivation. Similar to Xu Xiangqian from the Xu Clan, he dedicated himself wholeheartedly to cultivation and had yet to marry.

One by one, everyone took their seats, and Zhou Quanxin immediately inquired about the situation regarding the bandits.

Cheng JiaHui didn't conceal his emotions and said, "Dear friends, I thank you in advance." Then his gaze turned to reveal a deep-seated hatred.

Zhou Quanxin and the others exchanged glances, understanding the situation well. Despite Cheng JiaHui's identity and status, he made no effort to hide his inner expressions. Besides his intense hatred towards the bandits, there was also an implicit message of complete trust in Zhou Clan.

"Our Cheng Mansion holds some influence in Taicang County. After an investigation, we finally discovered a few suspicious individuals in the city," Cheng JiaHui said in a solemn tone. "During the pursuit, two of the three suspicious individuals were killed, and one was captured alive."

Although Cheng JiaHui's words seemed understated, everyone could imagine the brutal circumstances at the time.

"Did the captive confess?" Zhou Quanxin asked, adding silently in his mind, I hope it wasn't under coercion. Of course, he wouldn't voice that thought out loud.

Cheng JiaHui nodded heavily. "Indeed, at first, he tried to commit suicide. But since he fell into our hands, how could we grant his wish? After rigorous interrogation, we have uncovered their background." His voice turned cold suddenly. "Those people are the Red Scarves Bandits from Taia County."

Zhou Quanxin and the others were taken aback, their brows slightly furrowed.

Taia County was not adjacent to Taicang County; there was a Tai Chong County in between. However, Tai Chong County was the most chaotic county in the entire Linlang Prefecture.

Being one of the few flat counties in the northwest region, it was known for rampant banditry. Due to its location on the border, whenever the authorities attempted to mobilize a large army for suppression, the bandits would flee across the border, making it impossible for the troops to pursue them.

The Red Scarves Bandits are among the most prominent groups of horse bandits in Taia County, considered one of the top teams. Even in Taicang County, Zhou Quanxin and the others had heard of their notorious reputation.