Chapter 180

Yuan Li Xun had just finished tidying up the bedding and clothes when a strong fragrance wafted into her nostrils. Surprised, she looked up and saw Zhou Yi, who had appeared in the room without her noticing. In his hands, he held a container larger than a typical food box.

Lightly weighing the container in his hand, Zhou Yi grinned and said, "Li Xun, let's eat together."

The sound Zhou Yi had heard earlier was indeed the rumbling of Yuan Li Xun's stomach due to hunger. As a cultivator at the Innate level, Zhou Yi could naturally go without food or drink for several days. However, expecting the same from Yuan Li Xun would be absurd.

Upon seeing the food box in Zhou Yi's hand, Yuan Li Xun was momentarily taken aback. Then, a warmth filled her heart, and deep within, she softly said, "Mother, it's worth it to follow him..."

Zhou Yi, unaware of the impact of his actions, further heightened Yuan Li Xun's fondness for him. The two of them dined under the candlelight, and after finishing the meal, Yuan Li Xun proactively tidied up the tableware and then escorted Zhou Yi out.

Observing her petite and graceful figure, Zhou Yi felt a profound sense of contentment.

Gradually, his thoughts returned to his body, quietly sensing the changes brought about by this sudden enlightenment.

This enlightenment could be considered an accident, but in this world, all innate cultivators' enlightenments could be described as such.

Enlightenment was something that all innate cultivators yearned for, yet not a single one of them could anticipate it in advance. For them, it was only through countless years of accumulation that they could achieve a breakthrough in a special environment, leading to rapid progress in their cultivation in just one day.

In the distant past, Cheng Fu traveled tens of thousands of miles barefoot and spent twenty years cultivating in the tumultuous Southern Isles, where volcanic eruptions were a common sight. It was only when he witnessed the eruption of a volcano that he experienced enlightenment and created a set of fire-based techniques that incorporated the magma.

The creator of the Cloud Rain Seal was also similar. Without years of observation and understanding of these natural wonders, it would be impossible to enter such a mystical state.

However, Zhou Yi was different. Despite lacking such experience and knowledge, deep within his mind, it seemed as if the principles of the heavens and earth were already engraved in his soul. When he encountered a scene that touched his heart, a mysterious connection naturally formed, helping him reach this state effortlessly.

And that painting was the very catalyst for it all.

It is unknown how the original artist of the painting contemplated, but they managed to capture the essence of the Wind and Cloud Mountain Range and the flowing waters in the painting.

Of course, without sufficient cultivation or knowledge, one would be unable to fathom its mysteries. But when it fell into Zhou Yi's hands, under the scorching sun and the coincidental circumstances following his intense battles, he finally grasped the profound meaning conveyed within the painting.

In that moment, he experienced another "enlightenment."

Vast and seemingly boundless true energy surged into his body, causing the absorption of true energy to reach an astonishing level.

At this moment, as long as he had a slight intention, the massive true energy would surge through his body like a violent storm. All of his over three hundred meridians were filled with true energy.

However, there was a slight difference from the description of Yu JIng lei. The true energy within these meridians did not possess different attributes; instead, they were pitch-black, like an endless black hole, just like his dantian.