Chapter 41

The streets in Taicang County were not particularly wide, but the street leading to the Cheng Residence was exceptionally spacious. Even if eight horses were running side by side, there would be no issue at all.

However, all the carriages that came to offer birthday wishes were lined up in a straight line, so there was no significant congestion or traffic jam.

Just when Zhou Yi thought they would also have to line up at the back and wait for the procession of carriages to slowly move forward, he saw his uncle and father pat their horse's head and directly enter the center of the road.

This immediately attracted everyone's attention, but those people didn't create a commotion or show dissatisfaction. Instead, they wore pleasing smiles and greeted Zhou Quanming and his family with clasped hands.

Zhou Quanming didn't respond to each of them individually but simply nodded with a smile on his face. It was unclear which person he was responding to. However, occasionally he would stop and exchange a few words with certain individuals.

Everyone who conversed with him stood tall and radiant, as if they had encountered something extraordinary.

Zhou Yi was amazed by what he saw and couldn't believe that his father had such prestige here.

Suddenly, Zhou Yixuan, who was beside him, asked, "Sixth brother, how prestigious is our Zhou family?"

Zhou Yi quickly nodded and said, "Very prestigious."

"Of course, if we can't even achieve this much, then what's the point of being one of the three major clans?" Zhou Yixuan's eyes revealed a hint of pride.

Following closely behind Zhou Quanxin and his brothers, Zhou Yitian turned his head and whispered, "Yi, now that you have become a celebrity in the Zhou family, remember to maintain your dignity when we go in later. Don't tarnish the reputation of our family."

Zhou Yi responded heavily, but in his heart, he felt a sense of confusion. Although he possessed strong internal energy, he had very limited exposure to social etiquette. He didn't understand how to act with dignity. However, he quickly came up with a solution—he would simply emulate his eldest brother in everything.

Before the Zhou family arrived at the Cheng Residence, they were greeted by someone coming out from the mansion.

It was a well-off and good-natured middle-aged man, dressed in a festive red silk robe. He had a lively smile on his face, as if the members of the Zhou family were his closest friends or relatives.

From afar, the middle-aged man called out loudly, "Brother Quanming, what a splendid visit! Oh, even Brother Quanxin is here..."

Zhou Quanxin and his brother smiled as they dismounted, bowing in greeting to the man. However, Zhou Quanxin's smile appeared somewhat stiff compared to Zhou Quanming's. Fortunately, everyone knew of his reputation as a martial mania , so no one found it strange.

Zhou Yi and the others followed suit, dismounting alongside their elders. Zhou Yitian slightly turned his body and whispered, "Yi, this is Cheng Jiahui, the eldest of the second generation of the Cheng family. Although his internal energy hasn't reached the ninth level, he is at the peak of the eighth level. He is known as the second most skilled in the Cheng family, with a reputation surpassing that of our second and third uncles."

Nodding slightly, Zhou Yi felt a hint of wariness towards this man who appeared more like a prosperous merchant.

Cheng Jiahui exchanged a few words with Zhou Quanxin and his brother before his gaze shifted towards the younger members of the Zhou family. However, his gaze only glanced over Zhou Yitian and the others before finally landing on Zhou Yi.