Chapter 198

In the summer fields, the peanut plants blossomed clusters of golden flowers, resembling stars in the sky. Along the roadside, every leaf of the holly tree shimmered vividly, like clusters of pale hydrangea blooms.

As the curtains gently fell, Zhou Yi and Yuan Li Xun exchanged a glance. With the slight swaying of the carriage, their hearts resonated, and they shared a knowing smile.

This was a caravan consisting of over a hundred individuals, each chosen meticulously as skilled guards from the Tianluo Kingdom. Even the coachmen driving the carriages possessed internal strength no less than that of a seventh-layer practitioner.

However, within this caravan, everyone knew that true power lay not with the guards, but rather the three cultivators of the Innate realm. To have three Innate experts traveling together within a single caravan was a staggering and awe-inspiring matter if word got out.

Naturally, Zhou Yi and Shui Xuan Jin were among those well-prepared and accompanied by the convoy under Mao Lie Guang's guidance.

To claim disinterest in a gathering of Innate experts would be nothing short of self-deception. Thus, Zhou Yi shamelessly selected some items from the imperial treasury and set off together with the three Innate masters.

No one would dare to underestimate Innate experts anywhere they went, and Yu Xiao Yi had long made sure that they were provided with the best carriages, coachmen, and guards.

They need not worry about anything; their only task was to board the carriages.

Among the ten carriages, five were luxurious, and astonishingly, one was exclusively prepared for Yuan Li Xun, excluding a spare carriage. This demonstrated the meticulous care the Tianluo royal family extended to Zhou Yi, the newly appointed Guardian Grandmaster.

However, Zhou Yi and Yuan Li Xun chose to stay in the same carriage, side by side, as they embarked on their journey.

Accompanied by over a hundred capable and fierce guards, although their combat prowess was not of concern to the three Innate experts, to ordinary people, this represented an intimidating and hard-to-ignore display of power.

Throughout the journey, not even the bandit groups in Taicang County dared to harbor any ideas of ambushing them. While the notorious Red Scarf Bandit and the other three major bandit groups had vanished, these new bandits were like resilient weeds that never ceased to exist.

However, Zhou Yi knew that behind these new bandits, there must be the shadow of the KaiRong Kingdom. Otherwise, they would not have reemerged so swiftly in just over a year. Holding Yuan Li Xun's hand, Zhou Yi carefully explained the local geography and customs to her. Although his own knowledge was limited, it didn't hinder him from improvising.

Suddenly, Zhou Yi came to a halt. He looked up and, through the curtains, glanced into the distance, seemingly displaying a hint of surprise.

"Young Master, what's the matter?" asked the docile Yuan Li Xun.

Zhou Yi shook his head slightly and replied, "There might be some trouble, but it has nothing to do with us. Let them handle it."

At this moment, the convoy slowly came to a stop, not due to any internal issues, but because there was a pair of figures and horses blocking the road ahead.

The leader of the caravan was a middle-aged man in his forties named Yu Ke Fan. As one of the royal descendants of the Tianluo Kingdom, he had gained the trust of the current sovereign and thus been entrusted with the important task of escorting the three Innate masters to the KaiRong Kingdom.

Upon witnessing the unexpected turn of events ahead, although he couldn't fathom anyone being so reckless as to obstruct the path of the two Innate experts, he immediately rode forward.