Chapter 70

After completing the cultivation of the Withered Wood Technique, Zhou Yi confidently goes out to settle his bill. It is only then that he realizes an entire day and night has passed during his practice. It's the longest time he has ever spent cultivating a technique, and he can't help but sigh internally.

If other cultivators were to know about his thoughts, they would surely contemplate self-destruction. A whole day and night may seem insignificant for ordinary cultivators. Even studying and contemplating a technique manual for that duration might not yield significant progress. However, Zhou Yi managed to progress from the first level to the pinnacle tenth level in such a short time...

This achievement is beyond the limits that a human could possibly reach.

Fortunately, no one is aware of this feat. If others were to find out, it would undoubtedly spark curiosity and jealousy, and even with his abilities, Zhou Yi might not escape the fate of being dissected.

Of course, dissecting knowledge would need to exist in this world first.

After settling his bill, Zhou Yi doesn't linger and instead walks towards the deep mountains outside the county town. With his strength, even if he goes without food or drink for a few days, it wouldn't be a significant issue.

In Taicang County, there are mostly rugged mountains, although there are not many towering peaks. However, a range of mountains stretches from the distant east to the endless west, traversing the entire county. This complex terrain, with few decent roads, is one of the main reasons why Taicang County lags behind other counties in terms of development.

For Zhou Yi, walking along the mountain trails is not much different from traversing open plains. After an hour, he arrives at a secluded place, far from any signs of human activity.

The forest is the perfect place for cultivation. No matter how much damage is caused here, the forest will gradually erase any trace left behind. Although Zhou Yi has heard his grandfather talk about distant places like deserts and swamps, which are ideal for concealing murders, he has never witnessed them firsthand and can't imagine what they are like.

In the mountain forest, Zhou Yi confirms that no one is watching him. With a low shout, his inner energy surges madly, and the internal energy of the tenth level of Withered Wood Technique instantly erupts. In his heart, a sense of harmony with all things fills him, as if nothing matters to him anymore.

He feels as if he has transformed into a towering ancient tree, standing in this place for millions of years. Almost simultaneously, subtle changes occur in his body. His muscles visibly start to shrink again, but it's not true atrophy. Instead, it forms a powerful defensive force on the surface of his body. He even has a sense that even if he were attacked at this moment, no harm could befall him. However, if his grandfather were to come at him with a broadsword, he would definitely flee as far away as possible.

Among all the techniques he has learned, Withered Wood Technique is undoubtedly the best in terms of defense. A thought suddenly arises in his mind: If he could find a top-tier technique of the Earth element to cultivate, he wonders how formidable his defensive capabilities could become.

Indeed, ordinary Earth element techniques can't compare to the quality of Withered Wood Technique, just like the mediocre techniques stored in the family's hidden scripture library. They are undoubtedly far inferior to Withered Wood Technique.

Thoughts raced through Zhou Yi's mind, but his actions remained swift. Taking a step forward, he swung his arm towards a tree trunk with a diameter of half a person's width.

"Crack!" A sharp sound echoed as Zhou Yi's entire arm pierced through the tree trunk instead of toppling it. His eyes brightened slightly, realizing that the offensive power of Withered Wood Technique is formidable, seemingly surpassing the power of the tenth level of Hunyuan force. Moreover, due to the muscle atrophy and the condensed strength of his arm, he felt no sensation after passing through the tree trunk, as if it were merely a piece of paper.