Chapter 154

Within the courtyard of Shao Ming Ju Residence, there lay a modest bamboo grove. As the gentle breeze swept through, the bamboo swayed gracefully, producing a rhythmic melody that drifted in the air like enchanting music.

Ever since returning to this place, Yuan Lixun's smile had never faded. In her eyes, when she looked at Zhou Yi, there was a subtle yet undeniable sense of admiration.

Before this day, although she had heard many people discussing Zhou Yi's martial prowess, and even heard the legendary tale of him single-handedly slaying two thousand men with a single stroke, it had all been hearsay. As they say, seeing is believing, and only when she witnessed the awe-inspiring display of otherworldly innate power by Zhou Yi did she truly grasp the unfathomable strength possessed by this seemingly ordinary young man.

If, before this day, due to their growing acquaintance and several days spent together, she had developed a vague fondness for Zhou Yi, then after the battle today, that feeling became even more vivid.

Zhou Yi, with an air of maturity, held the steaming cup of tea she had offered. Puzzled, he asked, "What are you laughing at?"

A slight blush tinted Yuan Lixun's cheeks as she gently shook her head. "I'm not laughing," she replied.

Taking a sip, Zhou Yi thought to himself, "She's lying right to my face." However, he immediately followed that thought with another, "But her smile is actually quite beautiful."

A hearty laughter echoed, and Shui XuanJin's figure flashed at the entrance, already standing beside Zhou Yi.

Zhou Yi smiled and said, "Brother Shui, I spent the entire evening drinking with you yesterday. Aren't you satisfied yet?"

Shui XuanJin shook his head and said, "Brother, amidst the enjoyment of last night, there are a few matters I need to discuss with you."

Yuan Lixun quickly took a step back and said, "Master Shui, please have a seat. I will brew tea for you."

Her words were merely an excuse, a way for her to indicate to the two men that she wouldn't eavesdrop on their conversation.

Zhou Yi furrowed his brow slightly and said, "The tea here is already quite good. No need for any special preparations."

A sweet sensation filled Yuan Lixun's heart as she faintly sensed that Zhou Yi had no intentions of avoiding her. She lowered her head and softly replied, taking a new teacup and pouring a cup of rich milk tea from the pot onto the table in front of Shui XuanJin.

Shui XuanJin took a sip and smiled, "It's excellent. No wonder Zhou brother dotes on you."

Yuan Lixun's face grew even redder, but Zhou Yi cleared his throat and didn't respond directly. Instead, he said, "Brother, if you have something to discuss, please speak openly."

Shui XuanJin looked at Zhou Yi earnestly and said, "Before today, I had no idea that you not only mastered the Way of Wind, Rain, and Clouds but also possessed such profound attainment in the Way of metal. If I'm not mistaken, it seems that you crossed this barrier not by consuming the innate Golden Pill, but by integrating the internal energy of metal and water to ascend to the innate realm."

Zhou Yi nodded slightly and said, "You're right. I indeed have not consumed the innate Golden Pill."

When he said these words, he cleverly chose his phrasing. He merely stated that he had not consumed the innate Golden Pill, without admitting that he had broken through his limits using the fusion of metal and water internal energy.

If the old man before him were to find out that Zhou Yi had broken through not by using the fusion of metal and water internal energy but by using the fusion of wood and fire internal energy, he would be astounded beyond measure. Of course, Zhou Yi would never voluntarily reveal this troublesome matter. No matter how insightful Shui XuanJin was, he would never suspect that Zhou Yi not only grasped the essence of the metal and water dual systems but also had comparable attainment in the wood and fire dual systems' true qi cultivation.