Chapter 75

A tremendous roar echoed continuously from the arena. The battle between the two top-notch masters had pushed their skills to the utmost limit. While Lin Taoli appeared to be relaxed and at ease, it was only because of the unique cultivation method he practiced.

This technique emphasized an ethereal and otherworldly aura, even in the most desperate situations. However, under the relentless pursuit of Xu Xiangqian, Lin Taoli could only barely hold his ground, unable to launch a counterattack.

Fortunately, the Lin family's cultivation method was truly extraordinary. By focusing solely on defense, even if Xu Xiangqian's attacks grew fiercer, they were unable to overcome it.

As the two sides remained deadlocked, seemingly dragging on indefinitely, this was undoubtedly the desired outcome for Cheng Ningsheng and the others. Once no clear victor emerged, they would have an excuse to intervene and separate them.

Let's not forget, there is also Xu Lao, the pinnacle expert of the tenth level of internal energy, among those present. At this critical juncture, he would certainly not sit idly by.

Although water and fire techniques were mutually restrained, reaching their level of internal energy cultivation, determining a winner in a short period of time remained highly unlikely. Even if Lin Taoli could accumulate an advantageous position, achieving a decisive victory in a mere moment was still an impossible task.

However, at this very moment, Xu Xiangqian, who had been launching a frenzied assault, suddenly withdrew his attacks. As their energies intertwined, Lin Taoli's hands rose, intending to seize the opportunity and turn the tables. But in an instant, his expression changed drastically. His raised hands swiftly danced in the void, forming a mysterious and unfathomable gesture.

The gesture remained plain, horizontally placed across his chest. However, in the eyes of the onlookers, this gesture transformed into an indomitable and towering mountain, seemingly impervious to any attack.

Others might not be aware, but Lin Taoli knew it well. This was a miraculous technique within his family, called the Earth Seal(fu di yin). When employing this technique, once the hands formed the seal, the entirety of one's strength could instantly converge into a single point, making it the most formidable defensive technique. The only regret was that he didn't practice an earth-based technique. Otherwise, by perfecting this seal, he could even tap into the power of the earth beneath his feet, reaching an immortal state of invincibility.

The reason he changed his mind in an instant, suppressing the thought of launching a counterattack and instead utilizing the most powerful defensive technique, was because he sensed a chill, a bone-piercing coldness.

Before him, Xu Xiangqian had already retreated to the other side of the arena. However, the Xu Xiangqian at this moment had shed his usual composure. His eyes were bloodshot, his body slightly crouched, and his skin seemed to exude a strange red hue. Especially his palms, raised flatly in front of his chest, glowed crimson as if soaked in fresh blood.

A tremendous and slightly manic aura surged from his body, causing his clothes to faintly turn charred yellow, seemingly unable to withstand the pressure.

After relentless attacks proved futile, Xu Xiangqian could no longer contain himself. He unleashed the full force of the Fiery flame Technique, complemented by the fire-based combat technique of his family, making a final desperate struggle.

If it were Zhou Quanxin and others facing Xu Xiangqian, he would never have acted with such a near-loss of reason.

However, the person he was facing was a young man, despite being from the prestigious Linlanglin family. He was too young, and during the prolonged battle, he inadvertently ignited a sense of jealousy deep within Xu Xiangqian's heart. Under normal circumstances, he could have suppressed these unwarranted feelings with rationality, just like the others in the hall.