Chapter 168

The voice echoed from afar, and the figure hurriedly approached. Zhou Wu De's figure flickered and swiftly darted out, shouting loudly, "Senior Brother Wu Jin, I'm back!" Zhou Lai Bao, slightly slower than Zhou Wu De, also left the pavilion in quick succession, but he deliberately fell a few steps behind.

Zhou Yi's scalp tingled as he observed his grandfather, who had always been steadfast and gave an impression of a mighty mountain, suddenly revealing such a side. It truly surprised him. Or perhaps, at Zhou Yi's age, it was indeed difficult to imagine the feelings Zhou Wu De experienced at this moment—the sensation of returning to his hometown after wandering for forty years. It was beyond the comprehension of the present-day Zhou Yi.

However, at least Zhou Yi could perceive his grandfather's excitement. So, he pulled Yuan Li Xun and both of them walked forward unhurriedly, leaving time for the elderly to reunite.

Both Zhou Wu De and the elder who came down from the mountain were peak experts with ten levels of internal energy. Though their speed couldn't match Zhou Yi's exaggeration, they were far from slow.

In just a few ups and downs, they had come together, exchanged glances, and firmly clasped each other's hands.

The elderly man who descended from the mountain was also an old man, but according to Zhou Yi's perspective, his grandfather's weathered face seemed much older than the other's.

"Junior Brother, is it really you?" Wu Jin sighed, "Over forty years, if you hadn't revealed your identity, I would never have recognized you."

Zhou Wu De also sighed and said, "Senior Brother, you have aged as well."

"After so many years apart, I am not your esteemed mentor. Of course, I would age," Wu Jin chuckled.

Zhou Wu De's expression turned serious as he asked, "Senior Brother, how is our respected mentor doing?"

"Respected mentor's health is as robust as ever, but his temper has been a bit off lately," Wu Jin replied. Zhou Wu De's expression instantly tensed. 

"What could have caused our esteemed mentor's distress?" he asked. Wu Jin shook his head slightly. "I don't know for sure, but..." He hesitated for a moment, then stopped himself from speaking further. Zhou Wu De immediately understood. After all, he had been expelled from the Hengshan Sect, and if it involved confidential matters, he couldn't be allowed to know. He lowered his head deeply and said, "Senior Brother, I'm ashamed that my past actions led to my expulsion from the sect, nearly causing trouble for our master and you." Wu Jin waved his hand. "It has been so many years. Why bring up these matters? 

That incident was not solely your responsibility. If I had double-checked, there would have been no mistake either." The guilt on Zhou Wu De's face gradually dissipated. He straightened his chest and said, "Senior Brother, ever since I left Hengshan, I have always yearned to return to the sect.

Now, after more than forty years, I finally have the qualification." His voice was filled with excitement, and his eyes sparkled with determination. 

"Yes, more than forty years have passed, and this news has finally reached your ears. It's not easy," Wu Jin nodded slightly, his face filled with satisfaction. "Junior Brother, who exactly informed you of this news?" His gaze shifted beyond Zhou Wu De and Zhou Lai Bao, focusing on Zhou Yi and Yuan Li Xun. "It must be these two young ones, right?"

Zhou Wu De and Zhou Lai Bao exchanged glances. They suddenly realized that after more than forty years of separation, their senior brother's words seemed to have become cryptic and inscrutable, leaving them unable to fathom their meaning. Observing the expressions on the two elders' faces, Zhou Wu Jin burst into laughter. "Junior Brother, Lai Bao, you two have been away from the mountain for so many years. Where has your former valor gone? Just a few Limit-Breaking Golden Pills, and you can't produce them? Do you really think you can hinder your teacher?"