Chapter 52

After devouring one of the gray wolves, the golden crown python turned its attention to another one and swiftly made its move. As Zhou Yi watched the horrifyingly wide open mouth, a peculiar feeling arose within him.

While spirit beasts possessed intelligence, it was clear that this lower-ranked golden crown python had limited intelligence. Despite being cautious and careful, it ultimately chose to relinquish its vigilance and consume these mysterious offerings.

Of course, this success was also due to the skillful arrangements made by Zhou Yi's grandfather. Without their meticulous planning, such favorable results would not have been possible.

The golden crown python's appetite turned out to be incredibly large, surpassing Zhou Yi's expectations. It devoured all three gray wolves and the wild boar, causing its already thick body to expand even further.

However, after consuming so much, the python's movements noticeably slowed down. Its over ten-meter-long body became a tremendous burden, raising concerns in Zhou Yi's mind about whether its belly would burst.

Gradually, the golden crown python shifted its body. It seemed to be considering abandoning its outdoor activities and retreating to its nest. Once inside the nest, it would not come out unless it completely digested the contents of its belly.

However, the Zhou family had been waiting there since the previous night. They would not allow the python to easily return. Suddenly, Zhou Wude, the patriarch, let out a long howl and confidently emerged from behind a giant tree.

Upon hearing the patriarch's howl, the golden crown python immediately ceased its movements. Its small eyes focused on the patriarch's direction, and its tongue flickered rapidly in its mouth. It seemed to have sensed something, and its massive body slowly converged towards the center.

If it were an ordinary python, even one measuring over ten meters in length, it would never be able to coil itself into a large snake formation after devouring so many ferocious beasts. However, this golden crown python truly lived up to its status as a naturally nurtured spirit beast. Its massive body forcefully bent and once again formed a huge snake formation.

Zhou Yi was secretly amazed. The physical strength of this python was truly formidable. Even the strength of its internal organs was not inferior to that of high-level cultivators.

Zhou's patriarch had sharp eyes and held a giant broadsword in his hand. The handle of this broadsword was over two meters long, and the blade itself was over one meter long, making it almost four meters in terrifying length when combined. The entire broadsword was made of refined steel and weighed over 360 jin (approximately 180 kilograms), far heavier than the cane in the hands of Patriarch Cheng.

In his youth, the patriarch possessed divine strength, which allowed him to wield such a heavy giant broadsword. However, as the second generation of the Zhou family grew up, the patriarch seldom resorted to direct physical action. This colossal broadsword, resembling a mammoth, had long disappeared from Taicang County, and it would only be taken out for a rare playtime when the patriarch was extremely excited.

Zhou Yi was extremely envious of this giant broadsword. After practicing the "Thirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing," he had developed some skill in using a blade but had never found a suitable weapon. Moreover, for some reason, ordinary weapons felt too light in his hands. Only this giant broadsword matched his preferences.

However, obtaining the inheritance of this broadsword was not an easy task. Moreover, with his current strength, he couldn't even wield it without utilizing internal energy.

With the giant broadsword in his hand, Zhou's patriarch exuded an overwhelming and formidable aura. It was the kind of presence that had emerged victorious from countless battles and endured through tumultuous storms.