Chapter 107

The bone-chilling winter rain fell silently, neither fast nor slow, weaving a fine curtain that obscured the distant view.

"It's winter."

"Yes, another year has passed."

In front of the Zhou family estate, two sturdy household servants gathered in the gatehouse, idly sitting together. They watched the rain falling from the sky and sighed in contemplation.

Suddenly, the sound of rapid horse hooves echoed from a distance, transforming into a red shadow in the pouring rain, splashing water everywhere. Eventually, the figure arrived in front of the Zhou family estate.

The two gatekeepers, surprised, stood up. They had never seen such a magnificent horse in their entire lives. Although they hadn't yet identified the rider, they knew better than to show any neglect. After all, someone who rode such a fine steed couldn't be an ordinary person; otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to keep such a prized horse.

The newcomer lightly pressed a hand on the horse's back, then effortlessly leaped down, landing gracefully before the two gatekeepers.

With the removal of his straw hat, a familiar face was revealed.

"Sixth Young Master, it's Sixth Young Master..."

The two men were momentarily stunned, then joyously exclaimed. One of them immediately approached while the other hurriedly dashed towards the estate.

The Sixth Young Master had been away from home for several months. His name had been mentioned multiple times by the elderly master and the two lords during family banquets, and the servants had been eagerly anticipating his return. With the Lunar New Year approaching, the unexpected arrival of the Sixth Young Master was undoubtedly a delightful event for the estate.

Zhou Yi handed the reins of his horse to the person who came forward and said, "Take good care of this fine horse."

"Yes."

With the servant's respectful response, Zhou Yi felt a sense of familiarity and relief. He had finally returned home. Though his treatment at the Xie Manor in the Fire Crow Kingdom was undoubtedly better than what he experienced at home, it was still not his true home.

As soon as one of his feet stepped into the estate, an overwhelming joy of coming home burst forth, irresistible and unrestrained.

This place was his home!

"Brother Six, Brother Six..."

A voice filled with extreme joy sounded from inside, followed by a young boy slightly shorter than Zhou Yi braving the drizzle and rushing over.

"Er." Zhou Yi was overjoyed and immediately went to greet him. He moved much faster than the people inside, arriving in front of the person in the blink of an eye. With a big laugh, he lifted him up and spun him around.

"You've come back, Brother Six."

In just a moment, it seemed that the entire estate knew of his return. Even his elder brother Zhou Yitian and third brother Zhou Yixuan appeared. Although raindrops were falling from the sky, the warmth of everyone's enthusiasm couldn't be dampened by mere rainwater.

News of Zhou Yi's journey away from home had already spread throughout the estate. However, only a few knew that he had set out in search of a breakthrough opportunity. No one could have anticipated that he would return in such a short span of a few months.

"Everyone, come inside." A stern shout came from the second gate. Zhou Quanyi, who was in charge of all the affairs in the estate, strode out. As soon as his expression changed, all the younger generation, except for Zhou Yitian and Zhou Yi, fell silent.