Chapter 175

Returning to the courtyard of his residence, Zhou Yi glanced at the two innate manuals in his hands. After hesitating for a while, he finally set aside the Fiery Flame Technique and opened the Withered Wood Technique.

Observing Zhou Yi's actions, Yuan Lixun immediately intuited what he was thinking and closed the courtyard gates. Though Zhou Yi hadn't given any explicit hints, the expression on his face was enough for Yuan Lixun to understand that he was about to immerse himself wholeheartedly in some kind of martial cultivation.

Upon opening the Withered Wood Technique manual, Zhou Yi didn't directly skim through the innate cultivation methods in the middle. Instead, he started from the first character of the first line, silently reciting each word and sentence.

These contents were not unfamiliar to him at all. Ever since he reached the pinnacle of the tenth level in the Withered Wood Technique, he hadn't revisited it. But now, as he read through it again, he suddenly discovered a new understanding.

At this moment, his wood-element cultivation technique, although still the Withered Wood Technique, underwent subtle changes due to the unique nature of his physique. The fusion of the five elements created a new dynamic, especially for the Mixed Yuan Force and Ripple Technique.

The arduous practice of theThirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing and several enlightening moments of epiphany had unexpectedly elevated these two attribute techniques to a level not inferior, albeit not quite on par, with true innate techniques.

However, with the innate versions of the Withered Wood Technique and the Fiery Flame Technique in his possession, Zhou Yi had absolute confidence that he could make up for the gap in these two elemental techniques.

Page by page, as Zhou Yi finished reading all the postnatal contents of the Withered Wood Technique, he closed his eyes. The true qi within his body circulated, simulating the flow of internal energy along the pathways dictated by the postnatal technique.

As the true qi surged out of his body, a strong sense of comfort spread throughout his entire being.

Zhou Yi let out a long breath, his heart filled with mixed emotions.

In the past, in order to step into the innate realm, Zhou Yi had spared no effort. Only through fortuitous circumstances did he successfully advance. And now, it seemed as if he was revisiting the past, except this time, the breakthrough technique shifted from fire-element to wood-element, and that exhilarating feeling showed no signs of diminishing in the slightest.

After the chaotic true qi flowed through his body, transforming into wood-element true qi and connecting with the external energy, Zhou Yi, who was accustomed to manipulating his true qi into metal and manipulating the elements of mountains, rain, clouds, and mist, found this sensation quite unfamiliar.

If his true qi were of the metal element at this moment, he could cultivate the Thirty-Six Foundational Techniques. If it were of the water or wind element, he could transform into the elements of rain, clouds, and mist, becoming the ever-changing winds within the mountains.

However, when he shifted his true qi to the wood element, he experienced a sense of confusion.

After a moment of stunned silence, he finally realized that although practicing the Withered Wood Technique could still increase the chaotic true qi within his body, the speed was far behind that of practicing the Thirty-Six Foundational Techniques and the techniques of rain, clouds, and mist.

He let out a light sigh, finally turning the page to the innate tenth level of the Withered Wood Technique.

After this page, it was the true innate technique of the Withered Wood Technique—the oral instructions and diagrams.