Chapter 163

A ferocious aura emanated from the dual-headed spirit beast, enveloping the surroundings. The four eyes on its two heads faintly glowed with a crimson hue, as if the blood spilled on the creature had solidified within its gaze, sending shivers down one's spine.

In this moment, Zhou Yi also experienced the same sensation. Despite having gained considerable experience in battles against innate powerhouses since reaching the pinnacle of martial arts, never before had he felt such a sense of panic.

Indeed, it was a feeling of terror, as if an irresistible force resided within the spirit beast, rendering him helpless. Although he had just slashed the beast, covering it in blood, it didn't mean that his strength far surpassed its own.

In reality, apart from demonstrating its ability to maneuver freely in mid-air and possessing an impenetrable iron-like body, the beast had not revealed any significant prowess.

The unknown was the most dreadful thing...

Zhou Yi took a deep breath, his heart now completely calm. He could even hear the rhythmic pounding of his own heartbeat, resonating like a powerful drumbeat. An aura that seemed to surpass everything else emanated from his body, and his eyes gleamed with piercing determination.

His right hand grasped the tail end of the gigantic Guan Dao, slowly lifting it up. With a length of nearly four meters and weighing 180 kilograms, the Guan Dao was effortlessly held in his hand, defying the odds.

The gleaming blade pointed directly at the neck of the dual-headed spirit beast, and from the Guan Dao, a surge of overwhelming murderous intent arose.

The eyes of the dual-headed spirit beast seemed to narrow as it sensed an incredible aura of strength emanating from this human. It was a spirit akin to towering mountains and unyielding determination, which seemed impossible to suppress, no matter how formidable its own ferocity was.

With an enraged roar, the two heads of the beast lowered, charging directly forward. Compared to before, its speed seemed to have increased, almost arriving in front of Zhou Yi in an instant.

A near mocking smile played at the corners of Zhou Yi's mouth as his body instantly became ethereal. The indomitable and diamond-like aura that had seemed indestructible just moments ago now transformed into an elusive phantom, as if it had vanished without a trace.

His body left countless afterimages in this space, a testament to the power of the wind—the pinnacle of mastery over the essence of wind, enabling him to achieve unparalleled speed.

Beneath Zhou Yi's feet, his boots had long been torn apart, and it seemed as if a force was lifting him, allowing him to spin around the dual-headed spirit beast with incomparable speed. Under his feet, it appeared that he never truly made direct contact with the ground, as if he could traverse the void.

In reality, this was nothing more than an illusion, a product of Zhou Yi's footwork reaching an extreme. His true energy swirled beneath him and around his body, creating a mystical effect within a small radius. Leveraging the power of the wind, his speed surpassed the limits of the human body.

Faced with this astonishingly fast human, the dual-headed spirit beast seemed incredibly frustrated. The skin on its two heads tightened, with the large mouths occasionally gaping open and sharp teeth biting aimlessly. Its four eyes filled with an anxious expression. Despite maintaining its fierce appearance, it seemed utterly helpless and at a loss for how to deal with this incomprehensible speed.

As Zhou Yi's body moved with agility, the mighty swings of his Guan Dao continued relentlessly. Due to the swift nature of his footwork, he couldn't fully unleash the true power of the Guan Dao, nor could he achieve the same evident results as before.