Chapter 18

Zhou Yi's speed was extremely fast, and he didn't follow a straight path as he moved. But what truly drove him to rush forward despite the danger was a kind of self-awareness.

It was a peculiar sensation, as if by charging out at this moment, he wouldn't encounter significant crises, an inexplicable sixth sense.

Between two rises and falls, he had already arrived beside a large tree not far away. In the corner of his eye, he immediately spotted a man dressed in a black bodysuit, holding a small-sized crossbow and installing bolts.

With a swift glance, Zhou Yi instantly recognized the origin of this type of bolt. It differed from the regular crossbow bolts used in the army, both in terms of power and size. If he wasn't mistaken, these should be crossbow bolts privately crafted by prominent families, but he wondered how they ended up in this person's hands.

Bending slightly, Zhou Yi's hand swept across the ground and picked up a fist-sized stone, effortlessly throwing it towards the other person.

Although Zhou Yi hadn't learned any secret throwing techniques, the stone infused with his inner energy produced a sharp whistling sound as it flew toward the opponent like an arrow.

The man's agility was remarkable, and his reactions were incredibly swift. In an instant, he abandoned the still-incomplete crossbow bolt, executing a somersault to dodge it. Moreover, as soon as he stood up, he exerted force with his foot, causing a large mass of mud mixed with tiny stones to rain down on the path where Zhou Yi was charging.

Zhou Yi felt amazed deep inside. He had never anticipated encountering such a situation in a confrontation. He slowed down in mid-air but still got some mud splattered on him.

As his feet touched the ground, Zhou Yi finally caught a glimpse of the other person's face.

It was a middle-aged man, with a sharp and cunning face, particularly his eyes that had a hint of red, resembling a ferocious bloodlust.

Zhou Yi's heart skipped a beat as he instantly recognized the person and understood why he had launched a silent attack.

"Hu Bin?" Zhou Yi's fists clenched instinctively as he nervously spoke.

However, an inexplicable chill surged through his heart. Despite reaching the seventh level of internal energy cultivation, his opponent was a bloody individual. To claim he felt no fear would be self-deception.

Hu Bin coldly stared at Zhou Yi, a smirk forming at the corner of his mouth. He said, "Hehe, you aristocratic youngsters are becoming more audacious. Such a small boy to come and die."

Zhou Yi took a deep breath, his inner energy surged within him, reaching the peak of the sixth level of (Hunyuan Force)mixed yuan Force.

With both fists extended evenly, Zhou Yi spoke loudly, "Hu Bin, who exactly is seeking death and needs to fight to find out? Take this..." His face suddenly tightened, and his fists simultaneously struck forward, blasting towards the oncoming Hu Bin. Before he could finish his sentence, Hu Bin had already pounced directly at him.

In his previous encounters with the Xu brothers, both sides prepared themselves before engaging in combat. But Hu Bin's midway ambush caught him off guard.

Fortunately, Zhou Yi's reaction speed now far surpassed that of an ordinary person. Although momentarily stunned, he instinctively blocked the attack.

Hu Bin's figure moved like a fish, effortlessly appearing beside Zhou Yi and lightly striking with a palm that seemed devoid of any force.

Zhou Yi naturally refused to show weakness. With the combined power of the Hunyuan Force and the Rolling Stone Fist technique, he fiercely fought back without holding back.