Chapter 83

The Lunar New Year has passed, and the eldest son of the Zhou family has taken the daughter of the Cheng family as his wife. However, the most astonishing performance during this New Year came from the sixth young master of the Zhou family. After the New Year, all the servants in the Zhou household discovered that the sixth young master's position in the family could even be compared to that of Zhou Quanxin, the patriarch of the family. Even Zhou Wude, the elder ancestor, would smile whenever he saw Zhou Yi. No matter what request he made, it was readily granted without hesitation, and there was no longer any mention of reprimands.

The younger generations in the estate seemed to gradually accept this change as well. In front of the sixth young master, they became more reserved. All of this was because of Lin Taoli's assessment of him as an unrivaled genius. It was these few words, combined with his display of ninth-level internal energy, that elevated Zhou Yi's prestige to a new height, second only to Zhou Wude within the Zhou family estate.

However, no one could have anticipated that the seemingly invincible and greatest genius in their eyes was currently pondering the mysteries of hand seal techniques with a troubled expression. Based on the Earth Seal, he had created an improved version called the Hidden Needle Seal. Although it hadn't been tested in actual combat, at least he had created it.

But when it came to another more elusive hand seal called the Cloud-Rain Seal, he felt utterly helpless. Although the Cloud-Rain Seal left the deepest impression on him during his duel with Lin Taoli, his encounters with the Earth Seal were far more frequent. He had only engaged in a single formal clash with the Cloud-Rain Seal, and his experience was minimal. Despite enduring multiple attacks of the Cloud-Rain Seal, the knowledge gained was meager.

After returning to the Zhou family estate, he even entertained the idea of returning to the county town to once again have a showdown with Lin Taoli.

However, this idea merely circled in his mind without being put into action.

With a gentle sigh, Zhou Yi sought refuge in the hidden chamber beneath the ground, his hands instinctively practicing the concealed needle seal he had created while pondering the mystical Cloud and Rain Seal.

Suddenly, his ears caught the crisp sound of a bell.

Zhou Yi looked up in surprise, realizing that he was no longer the Sixth Young Master he once was. Once he entered the secluded chamber for cultivation, not even Zhou Wude himself would pull the rope to summon him.

Furrowing his brow, he wondered if something of life-or-death importance had occurred in the Zhou clan. Why else would someone dare to disturb his training by pulling the rope?

His figure shimmered as he swiftly left the chamber.

After all, he was a descendant of the Zhou family. If the Zhou clan had truly encountered an insurmountable problem, he would not hesitate to lend a hand.

Upon reaching the courtyard, he immediately spotted his fifth brother, Zhou Yizhang.

Before he advanced to the sixth level of inner strength, the relationship between him and his fifth brother, Zhou Yizhang, was akin to water and flame. Yet, oddly enough, as his strength skyrocketed at an unprecedented pace, their relationship became inexplicably harmonious.

As the gap between them grew wider, the sense of mutual animosity had long dissipated.

For Zhou Yi, this had become a cherished memory, a bittersweet recollection from his childhood. It served as a soothing balm to his soul.

In Zhou Yizhang's eyes, Zhou Yi had become an unattainable figure, and he no longer had the courage to feel jealous. Just like with friends around you, if their income is twice as high as yours, you might feel envious. But if they were to become a revered mayor or even a high-ranking official, most people wouldn't harbor any jealousy. Any previous resentment would naturally dissipate without notice.