Chapter 97

As the evening breeze carried a fragrance reminiscent of flowers, a mist-like haze interwove with the dark green of the forest. Although the sky had noticeably darkened, it didn't hinder Zhou Yi and Xie Nuanyi much. With their abilities, even in complete darkness, they could rely on the faint starlight to see their surroundings.

After an hour, Xie Nuanyi, leading the way, finally stopped. He pointed at a massive tree and said, "We have arrived."

Zhou Yi couldn't help but mutter in his heart. When Xie Nuanyi briefed Xie Mingjin and the others, he only mentioned a quick return. However, they had hurried and lingered along the way, taking a full hour to reach the lair of the long-armed martens. When factoring in the return trip, it definitely didn't align with the notion of "quick." He shook his head slightly, but since they had already arrived, there was nothing to complain about.

"Mr. Xie, why did you come here? Is there some treasure in this place?" Zhou Yi casually asked with a smile.

Xie Nuanyi replied with seriousness, "Whether there is treasure or not is hard to say, but I came here because I recalled a passage from our family's medical scriptures, so I wanted to verify it."

Zhou Yi was curious, but since Xie Nuanyi mentioned medical scriptures, he felt it would be impolite to inquire further.

Xie Nuanyi arrived beneath the large tree and jumped up like an agile ape. After a moment, his excited voice echoed down, "Brother Zhou, come up quickly! We have found something good."

Zhou Yi was slightly taken aback but tightened the vine holding the large guandao on his back and quickly ascended the tree.

The vines were specially made to secure the large guandao, and they fit perfectly. However, carrying such a heavy load while climbing the tree made Zhou Yi quite frustrated. He quickly circulated his internal energy, allowing the intense sensation of falling to gradually dissipate. Following Xie Nuanyi's path, Zhou Yi climbed up the tree.

Amongst the dense foliage above, Zhou Yi suddenly spotted a treehouse built on the tree. The only notable feature of this treehouse was its size, and inside, there were two thick branches spanning the entire structure. However, the treehouse was rudimentary, far less impressive than the thatched cottages of commoners on the ground.

Xie Nuanyi was in the treehouse, his face flushed with excitement. Zhou Yi immediately understood that he had indeed found something valuable; otherwise, a person as composed as Xie Nuanyi wouldn't show such a rare display of excitement. After a few ups and downs, Zhou Yi reached Xie Nuanyi's side and followed his gaze. Not far from the top of the tree, there were ten green fruits. The fruits weren't particularly large, about the size of an adult's fist. However, the unripe fruits inexplicably evoked in Zhou Yi a desire to pick and taste them.

"Mr. Xie, what kind of fruit is this?" Zhou Yi earnestly inquired.

"This is the fruit of the Juicyless Berry. According to the medical scriptures, these fruits only grow on trees that are over three thousand years old," Xie Nuanyi suppressed his excitement and explained, "In addition to this condition, the tree must also have been inhabited by a spiritual beast for a hundred years to give birth to these fruits."

Zhou Yi's gaze briefly swept over the treehouse next to him, and he immediately understood that it was the dwelling of the two long-armed martens. He hadn't expected these two spiritual beasts to be so clever that they could even build houses.

"These fruits have tremendous utility," Xie Nuanyi sighed and said, "The two long-armed martens possess a high level of intelligence. Normally, they wouldn't actively attack us humans, especially when there are many people around. As long as we don't provoke them or intrude into their territory, we'll be perfectly safe."