Chapter 130

Ever since severing one of Lv Xinwen's hands, it appeared as if he had escaped unscathed. While others might not have noticed anything unusual, Zhou Yi keenly sensed that within Lv Xinwen's body, the once immense and nearly overflowing life force had been completely severed by his strike. The power of the sword exceeded even Zhou Yi's expectations.

Of course, if Lv Xinwen hadn't fought Zhou Yi beforehand and had no idea of the horrifying trump card he possessed, it would have been impossible for Zhou Yi to assassinate him in such a nearly covert manner.

Deep down, Zhou Yi held a deep admiration for the old man. Setting aside everything else, the fact that he could maintain such a high level of vitality and escape to such a distance despite his bodily functions having been completely extinguished was beyond the imagination of an ordinary person. Perhaps it was only with such perseverance and strength of will that he had the qualifications to ascend to the realm of the innate.

After a moment, Zhou Yi's eyes opened slightly. Through the residual essence, he sensed the direction in which Lv Xinwen had departed. Moreover, he realized that the sensation was growing stronger, indicating that he was gradually closing in.

However, the air was also permeated with an increasingly intense aura of death, suggesting that Lv Xinwen couldn't hold on for much longer.

With a slight thought, the innate energy within Zhou Yi's body surged like mighty waves.

The strands of true qi flowed through Zhou Yi's meridians like flowing water. With the surging of this true qi, Zhou Yi's physical form underwent an incredible transformation.

The muscles on his face quickly withered, and his limbs became as rigid as wooden stakes. At first glance, he seemed like an entirely different person.

The Xu family's Withered Wood Technique became even more unimaginable after reaching the innate realm. When the innate true qi operated in this technique, Zhou Yi's body truly resembled a wooden stake.

A vast amount of aura emanated from him, but this aura seemed entirely different from the aura of a human body. It harmonized with the surrounding mountains and forests.

If a blind innate expert were to arrive in front of him at this moment, ninety percent of them would mistake him for an ancient tree, dense and having lived for thousands of years.

When Lv Xinwen stopped, he once utilized a powerful true qi sensitivity in a last-ditch effort, akin to a dying glow, to explore his surroundings.

He entrusted his origins and the parchment to Fan Haori with confidence because in this place, he had no one to rely on. More importantly, he was certain that Zhou Yi had not pursued him.

Zhou Yi's cultivation in the Earth and Water techniques alone was already remarkable. Therefore, Lv Xinwen's true qi exploration focused on the perspectives of the Earth and Water techniques. If Zhou Yi had been close, the aura of the Water and Earth elements around him would have been a hundred times stronger than elsewhere.

When Zhou Yi gathered the power of the Withered Wood Technique, the aura of the Wood element around him was intense like a beam of light. However, no matter how Lv Xinwen speculated, he could never have guessed that it was Zhou Yi.

As he approached death, Lv Xinwen found it inconceivable that Zhou Yi could cultivate multiple different elemental techniques simultaneously. However, precisely because of this, he believed that Zhou Yi wouldn't have the ability to cultivate the Wood technique alongside the others.

Since he couldn't sense any changes in the auras of these elemental techniques, Lv Xinwen concluded that Zhou Yi must have given up the pursuit. Little did he know that Zhou Yi possessed not only the true qi of Earth, Metal, and Water but also the complete set of Five Elements.