Inquiry

The little guys ran all the way home. Before they even entered the yard, Mrs. Wang, who was busy in the kitchen heard the gasping sounds of several children. She quickly came out and said: "Why are you running so crazy? What if you fall?" She looked at the skinny boy with a blank look, and saw Qibao's blushing face smiling at her. Her heart softened, and she quickly stepped forward to pull Qibao into her arms, and asked with concern: "Qibao, why are you running so fast? The injury on your head has not healed completely, and you are not afraid of getting hurt again." As she said this, she checked whether there was any injury on her little granddaughter's body, and gently patted the mud stuck to Qibao's clothes!

At this time, the second brother Xu Zhiyong raised the pheasant hidden behind his back to his grandma and said excitedly: "Grandma, look what this is!"

Mrs. Wang exclaimed when she saw the pheasant in her second grandson's hand!: "Where did this pheasant come from?" 

The three sisters-in-laws, who were mending clothes in the house at this time, heard the mother-in-law's exclamation and ran out of the house quickly! Mrs. Zhang was also shocked when she saw the pheasant in her son's hand, and asked hurriedly, 

"Son, where did this peasant comes from? Although our family is poor, we don't want to do such dirty things as stealing!" 

Xu Zhiyong heard what his mother said and quickly explained: "Mom, you misunderstood. This pheasant was caught by Qibao on the mountain. If you don't believe it, you can ask eldest brother and younger brothers!" When the little guys heard what the second brother said, they all nodded quickly, fearing that their eldest aunt wouldn't believe it.

Qibao's mother, Mrs. Lin, heard what Xu Zhiyong said and quickly stepped forward to ask her daughter: "Qibao, what's going on? Is what your second brother said true? Did you catch this pheasant?" After all, Qibao was only five years old, it is incredible to be able to catch a pheasant that is difficult for adults to catch.

Qibao nodded and said: "Mother, what the second brother said is true." Then Qibao told the story of how she caught the pheasant again!

When Mrs. Lin heard her daughter say this, she broke out in a cold sweat: "Qibao, even though it's an outskirt, it's too close to the mountains, how can you go in there by yourself, adults don't dare to go there, do you honestly want mother to worry about you?" She said, her eyes reddened.

When Qibao saw her mother, she hurriedly said: "Mother, Qibao will not go next time." and hugged her mother's thighs.

Mrs. Li hurriedly comforted: "3rd younger sibling, don't you see that Qibao arrived home safely? Don't feel bad, next time restrains it a bit more, and Qibao won't go again." Several others nodded in agreement.

Mrs. Lin wiped her tears when she heard her 2nd sister-in-law say this. Seeing that her mother had stabilized her emotions, Qibao put her heart down and turned to Wang and said: "Grandma, can you call Grandpa and the others back? Qibao also has a treasure that she wants everyone to see. Is that okay?"

When Mrs. Wang heard her granddaughter say this, she thought that she had picked wild fruits in the mountains and came back to share them with everyone, so she followed her wishes, and since there wasn't much work in the fields anyway, and there was no delay, she told Xiaowu to call out to her grandfather, eldest uncle and the others to come back.

After a while, Xu Dashan came back with his three sons carrying hoes. On the way, Xiaowu told his grandfather and others about the pheasants.

Only after a few people entered the yard did they really believe Xiaowu's words. There was really a pheasant in their yard. Xu Dashan quickly picked up his little granddaughter and checked whether she was injured.

Seeing this, Qibao said: "Grandpa, I'm not hurt. I'm fine! Can we go into the main hall to talk? I have a treasure to show you." She said with a mysterious face...