Competition

When the villagers heard this, they were thrilled, and a clan elder asked: "Dashan are you telling the truth?"

The old man nodded and said: "It's true. Children are our hope for the future of Xujia Village. As long as they are literate, their future will be easier."

"Uncle Dashan, thank you for always thinking about all of us. Please accept my respect." Xu Daniu immediately wiped his eyes, knelt down and kowtowed to the old man.

The other men in the village also kowtowed.

When the old man saw this, he quickly said: "Eldest, second, and third, help everyone up quickly."

The village chief waved his hand and said: "Brother, you can bear the respect of these juniors. You have given the whole village hope!" His eyes intentionally glanced at Qibao when he had just seen this girl whispering something in the old man's ear. It must be related to the establishment of the academy. He couldn't say that this girl was not simple.

After the villagers kowtowed, the old man said: "Okay, everyone, get up. Don't do this again. As long as everyone cooperates with this renovation plan, I will be happy."

"Uncle Dashan, don't worry. If you ask me to go eastward, I will never go westward."

"That's right, Uncle Dashan, you are kind to everyone in the village, and we can't repay you. From now on, we all will listen to you."

"Yes, it's all up to you!"

"Okay, since everyone believes in our family, I can't let you down. Starting from tomorrow, our plan will be completed step by step, and let us all create this miracle together!" the old man said.

 "Yeah!"

.........

There were enthusiastic responses from below.

The old man said: "Okay, today's meeting is over. Let's go back and rest early. There are still many things to do tomorrow."

The village chief also spoke up: "Since older brother's business is all said and done, and everyone agrees, let's dismiss the meeting!"

The villagers left in twos and threes, discussing what happened tonight as they walked.

When the Xu family returned home, the old man said: "I just forget to mention to the village chief, although everyone sold their fields to our family, there are still crops in the field. Eldest, you go and tell the village chief tomorrow that these crops are still owned by the villagers, and we'll dig the pond when they're done with the harvest."

"Okay, Father." Xu Dabo agreed.

........

Early the next morning, the village chief's house was very lively, and the villagers came with their land deeds.

These lands have been left by their ancestors for several generations, and now that they are sold, they are still a bit reluctant. However, they were willing to sell their land for the sake of the village and their children. If the children had a future, they would definitely not need to dig in the soil like them, so they felt relieved after thinking about it.

The village chief registered and paid money one by one. The village chief's wife was collecting the land deeds. Soon she had a large pile in her hand. There were eighty or ninety households in Xujia Village, each with an average of four or five acres of land. A total of two more than a thousand taels of silver.

After all the land deeds were collected, the village chief also asked everyone to collect the last crop of grain from the fields.

The villagers are once again grateful to the Xu family. It stands to reason that the fields will now belong to the Xu family, and the crops in the fields will also belong to the Xu family. But now not only have they been given more money, but the food in the fields is still theirs. Everyone said that the Xu family was good and kind.

The village chief rushed to the Yamen to transfer the land. Xu Dabo had already told the village chief that the land would be passed in Qibao's name. In fact, the village chief had already guessed that the Xu family was here today because of this girl. But he couldn't figure out how Qibao could do it at such a young age. After much deliberation, he finally came to the conclusion that it had something to do with Qibao's mysterious master.

Xu Dabo returned home, drank a glass of ice water, and then said to the old man: "Father, the matter has been settled. The village chief has gone to the town to transfer the ownership. I have told the village chief to put all the land in Qibao's name."

The old man nodded and asked: "Will you guys blame me for not giving all this land to Wenwu brothers and instead giving it all to Qibao, my granddaughter?"   

Qibao was a little surprised. She had just learned that her grandfather had put this land under her name.

Uncle Xu Dabo took the lead and said: "This was originally earned by Qibao, of course it belongs to Qibao, and now we are all following Qibao to enjoy the blessing!"

Xu Erbo also said: "That is, Qibao, a girl from the family, has such great abilities, Wenwu and others should also earn some achievements on their own."

The old man said: "Wenwu and the others now have a higher income than other children in the village. Now they have enough food and clothing. As time goes by, I'm afraid that they will not want to make progress, so in the future they will have to walk their own path and earn everything themselve."

"Yes, father, we understand. Your idea is right, and your daughter-in-law agrees to do this." Mrs. Zhang said.

Mrs. Wang smiled and said: "From now on, our Qibao family will be a small landowner, and all the land in Xujia Village belongs to my granddaughter."

Mrs. Li also smiled and said: "Yes, Qibao will get married in the future, and these places alone will give her a lot of confidence, not to mention that Qibao will also have various ways to make money."

Xu Laosan immediately said: "Qibao is still young, and it's too early to get married! If Xu Laosan's son-in-law marries my daughter because of this, I will have to skin him. I have learned some Kungfu from the children."

Qibao was a bit dumbfounded. How could she not know her father's abilities? He just learned a few fake Kungfu from her brothers, which were not very lethal. In order to prevent him from being blindly confident, Qibao said: "Father, let me see how you are doing with your studies. How about you practice with Kui Wu?"

Xu Laosan said: "Since my daughter said so, then Kui Wu, let's go to the yard to compete. I haven't made a move yet."

"Yes, then Kui Wu will compete with the third master."

Seeing Kui Wu agree, Xu Laosan took the lead and walked out with dignity.

Mrs. Wang, who was following behind, quietly said to Kui Wu: "Kui Wu, be gentler later." She thought to herself, how could she not know what her own son was capable of!

Kui Wu also whispered back: "Yes, Madamn, I will be gentler."

Mrs. Lin could usually see her husband learning with the children. From her point of view, those moves were very powerful, so she felt that her husband would definitely win.

The two stood still in the yard, and the rest of the Xu family gathered around to watch.

Kui Wu said: "May I also ask the third master to make the first move." 

Xu Laosan wanted to make a show of force, but did not refuse and said: "Okay, then I will take action first. You have to be careful."

Kui Wu nodding.

Xu Laosan immediately swept his leg over. Unexpectedly, when his calf hit Kui Wu's leg, his leg hurt a bit, but Kui Wu didn't move at all...

Xu Laosan didn't believe it and swept a few more times, but Kui Wu still didn't move a step while sweating himself.

At this time, the situation was a little awkward. Kui Wu smiled a little, touched his head and asked: "Third master, do you want to continue?"

Xu Laosan was a little slapped in the face. He had just boasted so much in front of his family and now he couldn't back down no matter what he said.

Wiping his sweat, he said: "Alright, you are quite strong! Now that I've made the first move, it's your turn now."

Kui Wu said: "Okay, third master, be careful, I am a bit strong."