Giving Names

Seeing this, Qibao immediately said: "Grandma, brother and the others are also back. Each of you will choose one to serve you. If something happens in the future, someone will run errands."

Mrs. Wang and the others were still a little uncomfortable with it, but since Qibao said so, they couldn't let their guard down at the critical moment, so everyone chose a maid they liked.

The chosen maid came forward to salute and said: "And please, my lord, give me a name."

The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law couldn't think of any good names for a while, so Mrs. Wang asked Qibao: "Qibao, please come and give them a name. I don't know what name to give them."

Qibao had a bit of a headache and thought about it, so why not just come up with a few names based on the TV and novels she had watched in her previous life.

Qibao said: "Why don't the one chosen by grandma be called Chunlan, the one chosen by eldest aunt be called Qiaozhu, the one chosen by second aunt be called Pearl (Zhaozhu), and the one chosen by mother be called Suxin."

Mrs. Wang and others also thought it was okay and said: "That's a nice name you've come up with, Qibao. If I were to come up with it, it'd be something flowery and grassy and all that."

The maids below immediately knelt down and saluted and said: "Thank you, Miss, for the name."

Qibao nodded and said: "You all, get up. Don't kneel down all the time if you haven't made a mistake in the future. You must serve your master well, do you understand?"

"Yes!"

Qibao also picked out a little maid for herself and named her Fu Rui, these maids that she bought are all in their teens and just the right age to know how to take care of people.

Next it was Grandpa's turn to pick them, father and son, all four of them also picked a boy to follow, all named by Grandpa, the one beside himself was called Ding Hui, the one beside eldest uncle was called Ding Ren, the one beside second uncle was called Ding Mao, and the one beside father was called Ding Yi.

Qibao praised: "Grandpa's names are all good and have good meanings."

The old man said proudly: "Of course, your grandmother and I read some books when I'm not doing anything, and although I don't know every word, I do know which ones are good."

All that was left was for my brothers to pick them out, said the older brother: "Who among you is interested in books?"

A boy of thirteen or fourteen stood up, saluted and said: "Returning to the young master, I learned a few words from others when I was young, so I have always been interested in the knowledge in books."

The eldest brother nodded and said: "Okay, then you can follow me. I will name you Zhiyan."

"Zhiyan thanks the eldest young master for the name."

The second brother was left. He didn't have any special requirements. He chose one who was about the same age as him and said: "Since Big Brother is surrounded by the character Zhi, your name will be Zhi Xing."

The remaining third, fourth, fifth and sixth brothers are named respectively: Zhihua, Zhimo, Zhiyong and Zhixi.

Qibao asked Yaya mother: "You had a name before, didn't you? What do you know?"

"My real name is Chen Hongmei. I know how to do needlework and housework. Please arrange it for me."

Qibao said: "Then you will be called Mei Niang from now on. Seeing that Yaya is still young, you help make clothes for the family. And if you're not doing anything, just help out wherever you can."