Shopping

Shopkeeper Hong personally ran to the counter to get the banknotes. At Qibao's request, he took out a five hundred tael and four one hundred taels and exchanged the rest for silver ingots of ten taels.

Qibao took the money from shopkeeper Hong and thanked him before handing it to the uncle behind her. Xu Dabo only regained consciousness after taking the banknote and quickly put it in his arms.

Shopkeeper Hong smiled and said: "You, girl is really interesting. You are quite calm after seeing so much money. Girl, if you have any herbs next time, come to Grandpa Hong. Grandpa Hong will take them all!"

When Qibao heard Mr. Hong say this, she replied: "Thank you, Grandpa Hong, Qibao has good medicine next time, she will definitely sell it to Leshan Pharmacy." After bidding goodbye to Mr. Hong, uncles and niece left the door of the pharmacy, until they walked to the street, Xu Dabo's and his brother hearts were still thumping, but they had a whole thousand taels in their pockets!

"Eldest uncle and second uncle, we have money in silver now, and the weather is getting cooler and cooler, I want to buy some fabrics for our family, and go home to let aunt and mother make us new clothes, let's go to the fabric store and take a look?" Qibao looked up and said.

After hearing Qibao's words, the two brothers came back to their senses and hurriedly replied: "Qibao is right. Now that we have money, it's time to add some things to the family. Qibao hasn't eaten anything until now. Are you hungry? Let's go! Uncle I'll take you to buy meat buns!" He picked up Qibao and walked to the shop selling buns.

Arriving at the door of the bun shop, the boss saw the three of them and immediately greeted with a smile: "Sir, do you want to buy buns? Our store costs three cents for a meat bun, two cents for a vegetable bun, and one cent for a steamed bun. How many you want?"

Uncle Xu said: "Boss, bring me two meat buns and four steamed buns." He counted ten coins and handed them over.

The bun shop owner took the copper plate with a smile, packed the buns quickly and handed them to the uncle. He stuffed the buns into Qibao's hands and said: "Qibao, eat it while it's hot. It won't taste good when it's cold!" Then he handed two more steamed buns to his second brother. The steamed buns are made of white flour mixed with rough flour and have a good texture. It's not as good as white flour steamed buns, but it's still palatable.

Qibao saw the situation pursed her lips, although now there is silver, but the frugality of the peasant family is still deeply rooted, she didn't say much, anyway, in the future the family's life will get better and better, and took the buns and ate them.

The three adults and niece solved the problem of hunger and came to the door of a shop called Chenji Cloth Shop. When they walked into the shop, they saw a woman laying out the newly arrived fabrics. When they turned around, she saw the three of them hurriedly saying: "Big brothers, you here to buy fabrics or ready-made clothes? See if you like the fabrics that just arrived in our store?"

Qibao immediately smiled and replied: "Hello, aunt, we are here to buy cloth to make clothes at home. We want to buy a lot of them. Can it be cheaper, beautiful aunt?" She said, grinning with her big eyes curving into little crescent moons as she looked at the owner.

When the boss heard such a cute little girl praising her beauty, her smile turned into a flower: "Hey, where did this little cutie come from? Her little mouth is so sweet that it's so sweet to the core. Tell auntie, what you want to buy. For cloth, Auntie will give you the cheapest price."

Seeing their little niece's appearance, the two brothers Xu Dabo couldn't help but laugh. They said politely: "Boss, we are both farmers, and the family has a large population. What do you think is suitable for us?"

The boss looked at a few people and said with a smile: "Come here, take a look at this. It is suitable for farmers. It is stain-resistant and wear-resistant. It comes in several colors!" She pointed to a piece of cloth on the shelf.

Qibao looked at the cloth the boss mentioned, and then looked at the other pieces of cloth. The white cloth next to her looked softer than the one the boss mentioned, and it should be cotton. She turned to her uncles and said: "Uncle, let's buy cotton for our underwear, which is more comfortable, and coarse cloth for our outer clothes, so that we don't stand out in the village, okay?"

After listening to Qibao's words, the two brothers looked at each other, pondered for a few breaths and said: "Okay, just listen to Qibao, boss, take it as my little niece says." They thought, since they have this ability, they can't make the family miserable anymore. The older children in the family always wear the smaller ones, and then the younger ones wear them. When it comes to the younger ones, they wear patches and piles of pudding. The original color can no longer be seen, so they agreed.

The owner was delighted when she heard this. It was rare for a family to have a girl make the decision. This was the first time she had seen it. It seemed that this girl was also favored at home. She hurriedly said: "Okay, okay, in our store coarse cloth is five cents per foot, and cotton cloth is ten cents per foot. Girl, how much do you think you need?"

Qibao thought for a while and said: "Auntie, I want to buy two sets of underwear and two sets of outerwear for each of my family members. There are fifteen people in my family. How many sizes do I need?" Then she gave the approximate height of the family members. After making some gestures, she mentioned the colors she wanted.

The owner asked the servent to help Qibao pack the needed cloths and pile them together, saying: "The total is eight taels and twenty cents. Auntie will give you a small change, just eight taels. I will also give you girl a few pieces of cloth, Okay?"

When Qibao saw the cloth sent by the owner, she said it was cloth, but it wasn't too small, it was just enough to make a few cloth bags for books for her brothers who were going to school, so she quickly thanked her: "Thank you auntie, from now on, the fabric for my family's clothes will be bought from auntie here." After saying this, she signaled for her elder uncle Xu to pay the silver.