Return to the Village

Uncle Xu took the horse rope and said goodbye to the hawker. The family left the horse market again and went to the butcher stall to buy some pork and some cotton cloth. The weather was getting colder and it was time to prepare winter clothes. 

After buying everything, the family all got on the carriage, which was driven by Uncle Xu in the direction of the Xujia Village.

The carriage traveled very quickly and arrived at the entrance of Xujia Village in less than half an hour. Although the road was a bit bumpy, it was much more comfortable than riding an ox cart.

When the villagers saw Uncle Xu driving his carriage to a stop, an aunt said with a smile: "You guys are back! You guys have been away for some days! But your family's greenhouse is well taken care of by the village."

Uncle Xu said: "Of course I believe in our Xujia Village, otherwise our family wouldn't have been away from home for several days, and the uncles and aunts in the village would help take care of us."

When the Xu family heard the commotion outside the carriage, they all got off the carriage and greeted the people in the village, with some of the children happily circling around the carriage.

The aunt asked: "Is this the carriage your family bought? It's so beautiful!"

Mrs. Wang said: "Yes, you also know that my family's business can't handle even an ox cart, so we bought a carriage!"

"You haven't come back for a few days this time. Nothing happened, right?" A villager asked with concern.

Elder Xu replied: "Nothing much, it's just that our family has opened a barbecue restaurant in town, and all the family members have been helping out at the store these past few days, and now that it has stabilized, so we came back. Still, it's good to be in the Xujia Village!"

The aunt suddenly asked: "In the past two days, there has been a lot of buzz in the town about the opening of a barbecue restaurant. It is said that the taste is simply delicious on earth. Could it be that it was opened by your family?"

The old man laughed: "If I'm not wrong, that's my restaurant, it's opened together in cooperation with Mr. Su and the others!"

People in the village looked at each other in confusion. When they went to town these days, they would always hear someone mention that such a famous store was actually opened by the Xu family!

Everyone was very envious, thinking that the Xu family was different from them now. They had opened such a big barbecue restaurant in the town, and there were greenhouses for vegetables in the village. This was a profitable business. Although the villagers were envious, they all congratulated them.

Elder Xu said: "Don't be polite, everyone, when everyone is free next time my family invites you to a barbecue restaurant to eat barbecue meat!"

The villagers all said happily: "Thank you, old man, I will definitely go then!"

The Xu family exchanged pleasantries with the villagers and greeted them as they drove their carriage home.

Uncle Xu tied up the horse and the family unloaded all the things they bought before taking a breath. Xiaoba came back from outside and saw the whole family excitedly surrounding the Xu family, whining loudly. .

Xiaoliu hugged Xiaoba for a while and said curiously: "Good boy, Xiaoba, have you missed me?"

Xiaoba made a plaintive groan, probably meaning why did you leave me behind? You are such an unreliable master of the family.

But it can still be seen that Xiaoba is very happy, his tail is wagging like a small motor, and he circles everyone in the family twice.

The village chief's wife has been helping to feed Xiaoba these past few days. He has gained a lot of weight after not seeing him for a few days. The family members all touched Xiaoba to express their comfort.

After resting for a while, Elder Xu wanted to see how the greenhouse vegetables were growing, so he took his son and Qibao to the wasteland, leaving his wife and daughter-in-law to prepare lunch.

Several people came to the wasteland, the working villagers saw them, all warmly greeted them, the Xu family has opened a barbecue restaurant in the town has been spread, surrounded by a sound of congratulations and joy.

The old man thanked them all and promised to take the villagers to taste barbecue in the future.

Xu Chunsheng said: "Uncle Dashan, there's no need to specially take us to your store to eat, there are so many people in the village, and your business is doing fine now, we can't delay your store's business, why don't we all just set up a meal in the village, what do you all think?"

Everyone else said in agreement: "Yes, yes, this way we can also look at these greenhouse vegetables."

"Yes, that's right, and there are still old people with weak legs in the village, so it's better to be appropriate in your own village, so everyone can eat as much as they want, right?"

"Right!"

Seeing that the villagers all said so, Elder Xu nodded his head in agreement: "Good, then it's just as well to eat in the village, it all tastes the same anyway, I'll have my family elder go and buy meat tomorrow, and we'll have a big party in the village!"

There were quite a few children who became very happy when they heard this. They raised their hands and shouted happily: "Oh! There's meat to eat!"

Qibao looked at this group of simple villagers and was moved for no reason. How kind-hearted these people are. Although they were covered in pudding clothes, they were kept very clean. They were all a few years old, and some were older, and they were already half of the family's workforce. They were all really sensible.

The villagers were very happy and took the Xu family and his son to talk about the recent situation of the greenhouse.

Qibao also went into the greenhouse to take a look. The vegetables were growing very gratifyingly, and they would be ready to be picked in a few days. The villagers had taken good care of the vegetables, and there was not a single weed. As far as the eye could see, everything was lush and green, with lots of fruits.

Elder Xu was also very satisfied and said: "Thank you all for taking care of these vegetables so well. I'm here to thank you!"

Xu Chunsheng waved his hand and said: "Uncle Dashan, you can't say that, we're all used to serving crops, not to mention that your family pays such high wages, we can't be ashamed of the wages, and it's right to do our best!"

Elder Xu exchanged greetings with the villagers for a while, telling them that it was getting late, and that the village head's wife had already brought people over to make lunch for the workers, before Elder Xu took his two sons and Qibao back home.

As soon as he entered the door, he saw Xiaoliu sitting on a small stool and playing with Xiaoba. Xiaoba had been following the Xu family since they came back, for fear of being abandoned again.

Qibao touched Xiaoba's head and said: "Xiaoba, next time we'll take you with us wherever we go, this time it wasn't convenient that's why we left you at home!"

Xiaoba whined twice, with aggrievedness in his voice, and went straight into Qibao's arms. Qibao also patted Xiaoba's back gently.

Xiaoba can be different from other dogs, he grew up drinking Lingquan ( space spring) water. He is much smarter than other dogs. He can understand most of what people say and is very well-behaved.

After comforting Xiaoba, she heard her grandmother calling out that the meal was ready, and the family grabbed chopsticks, and served bowls.

The mother and daughters-in-law put all the food on the table. After the whole family sat down, Ms. Li said: "It's better to eat at your own home and feel comfortable!"

Mrs. Zhang also smiled and said: "Of course, there is nothing better than home. Look, how lively it is when our whole family sits together!" Everyone else agreed.

The whole meal was spent in this warm atmosphere. After the meal, Qibao found the old man and said: "Grandpa, I want to go up the mountain and catch some wild animals!"

Elder Xu asked: "Qibao wants to eat wild game?"

Qibao replied: "No, grandpa, aren't we going to treat the villagers to dinner? Wild game can be a bit tastier than domesticated meat, and it's been a while since I've been up in the mountains, I want to go!"