Start of Construction

At dawn the next day, Qibao and her brothers got up and started training, even though they were going to the academy today, they didn't want to be just a civilized scholar, and with more diligence, both could progress at the same time.

The mother-in-law and daughters-in-law made breakfast early, thinking not to delay the children's time to go to school.

After breakfast, the boys also changed into new clothes and got on the oxcart with the schoolbags sewn by their mother diagonally across their shoulders. Xiaowu said: "Sister, I'm going to the school, don't miss Fifth Brother, Fifth Brother will be back after school, and little sixth, you have to be good and listen to Grandma and Auntie." After saying this, he looked reluctant to leave.

Qibao felt very funny after hearing Xiaowu's words. She knew that what her fifth brother wanted to learn most was martial arts. Then she said: "Fifth Brother, don't act as if you can't come back in ten days and half a month. Sixth Brother and I will be at home waiting for brothers finish school, so don't worry!" After saying that, she bids farewell to her brothers. Xu Dabo greeted the rest of the family and drove the oxcart in the direction of the town.

When the bullock cart drove away, Xiaoliu said in despair: "Sister, eldest brother and the others will have to go to school every day from now on. We are the only two children left at home."

Qibao knew that Sixth Brother was used to spending time with his brothers every day. It's hard to get used to the idea of being separated. So she said comfort him: "Sixth Brother, our brothers will be back in the afternoon. If you're bored, sister will teach you how to read at home. Okay?" Xiaoliu knew that his sister had learned how to read with the old deity master, so he agreed.

Not long after, the village chief and his son brought the recruited workers to the door of Old Xu's house, and the Xu family immediately greeted them: "You're here, village chief, come and sit in the house!"

The village chief quickly refused: "No need, your house can't accommodate so many people, so just sit in the yard! Brother, the people we have recruited are all here. I wonder if older brother has anything to explain?"

Elder Xu said: "We are all from the same village and have the same ancestors, there is nothing important to say, so Chunsheng will lead the team. He has experience in building houses, so let him arrange workers for everyone." After saying that, he said politely to the villagers he had invited: "Thank you for your hard work, everyone. It's a sign of respect that you've come to help my family build a house. In the future, if you encounter any difficulties, please come to my home, I will never refuse if I can help!"

After listening to Elder Xu's words, the men felt warm to their hearts. Sighing in his heart about the honesty of the old Xu family, Xu Daniu in the crowd said loudly. 

"Uncle Dashan, What are you talking about? If anyone in the village is building a house, the big guys will lend a hand if they can. And the wages your family pays are so high, we can find a livelihood to earn money at our doorstep, we are grateful to your family from the bottom of our hearts, what is there to be dissatisfied with, do you all think I'm right?" The crowd agreed, and all of them loudly agreed.

"Good, since all of you believe in my Old Xu Family, let Chunsheng divide the fellows for all of you, he has enough experience, it's going to be hard work for everyone." Elder Xu said.

Xu Chunsheng took over and said: "Since uncle believes in me so much, I can't let you down, everyone, pick up your equipment and start working now!" He said, leading everyone toward the open space where the house was built.

The first step in building a house was to map the boundary points of the house before digging, and when the positions of the four walls were roughly marked, Xu Chunsheng had Elder Xu dig the first handful of soil before work began, then waved his hand and signaled for the people to start digging the foundation.