Learning to Paint

The old man said: "Well, your grandmother and your mother are probably preparing dinner, so let's go back to the front hall and eat!"

The grandpa and grandson came to the front hall, and sure enough, the mother-in-law and daughters-in-law have already served the meal on the table, and are distributing the dishes, and when they see them coming in, Wang said: "Hurry up and sit down to eat, it'll get cold in a while, try not to eat and get diarrhea!"

The family sat neatly at the dining table and began to eat. During the meal, the old man told everyone about the third brother.

Mrs. Li put down her bowl and chopsticks and asked: "Zihao, do you really want to learn to paint?" In people's minds, studying is the right way, and in the future, you can honor your ancestors, whose family can provide a scholar, that is extraordinary, Li also wants her son to focus on studying.

Third brother put down his bowls and chopsticks and said solemnly: "Mom, this is my idea. I hope Mom can agree. I will continue to study. Painting is my hobby. In the future, I will definitely use painting to prove a new way out!"

The old man clapped his hands and said: "You are so ambitious. Grandpa thinks highly of you. Don't let grandpa and your parents down!"

Second uncle Xu also exclaimed: "Since Zihao has already made a decision, as a father, I will support you. You'll be ten years old after the New Year, you're a young adult, I don't want to see you holding back in the future because you can't stick to it, just because of your young age, that way you won't be able to have a promising career in the future either!"

Xu Zihao replied: "I know, Father, I won't let you and Mother down!"

Seeing that her son insisted on doing this, Mrs. Li stopped talking. That's all. She couldn't impose her own ideas on her son, as this would only be counterproductive.

The rest of the family didn't say anything, the child chose his own path to follow, and they couldn't intervene, so they might as well let the child have his way.

Mrs. Zhang and Mrs. Lin looked at their own children and wondered what would happen to them in the future, if they made the same decision as Zihao, would they agree! The meal was eaten in an atmosphere where everyone had their own thoughts.

After the meal, the third brother found Qibao. Qibao took out the charcoal for drawing in the space and said: "Third brother, what you need in the beginning is patience. What we are learning is sketching. First of all, we must be able to observe the light and dark parts. For example, if you look at the charcoal pencil on the table, if you just draw it from the upper left, is it necessary? Brighter? And the shadow part of this pen is projected on the lower right, which is called the dividing line between light and dark."

Xu Zihao listened to Qibao's narration with a serious face.

Qibao placed another quilt on the table for her third brother to observe, and drew a rough prototype with her hands, explaining that the shadows should be colored heavier, and the highlights, things that needed attention.

After teaching for almost an hour, Qibao said: "Third brother, let's stop here for today's teaching, we'll continue tomorrow, you still have to read when you get back, third brother go to bed early, you still have to go to the academy tomorrow!"

Xu Zihao said: "Understood sister, then third brother will go back!"

Seeing that Third Brother had left, Qibao entered space and found Xiaoling and asked: "Xiaoling, does space have any books that specialize in teaching drawing?"

Xiaoling replied: "There are many books in the study, of course, there are those that teach painting and drawing, I'll take Master to get them!"

Following Xiaoling, Qibao found books about this category under Xiaoling's guidance.

Qibao opened and looked at it, it was indeed a book of some basic essentials of sketching, although it was a modern book, the words were basically the same as in this world, so surely her brother would recognize them. 

After finding what she wanted, Qibao stayed in space with the intention of making the pills, and she didn't need Xiaoling's guidance anymore, she now knew the process of making the pills by heart.

After making about two hundred pills, Qibao stopped. She planned to make more pills and sell them to Leshan Pharmacy.

The next day, not long after eldest uncle Xu sent her brothers to the school, the village chief came to the Xu family.

The old man asked: "Village chief, why are you here so early?"

The village chief smiled and said: "I'm doing a great thing now, of course I have to be more active, and it's also in town, the journey isn't close, so it's good to go there earlier to finalize all the materials, so I can feel at ease!"

The old man understood the village chief very well and stopped being nagging. He asked Uncle Xu to get on the bullock cart and went to the town with the village chief.

In the afternoon, many young men came to the village. These were relatives or family members of the villagers in Xujia Village. They probably came to inquire about recruiting workers to build the road. The village chief hasn't come back yet. The village chief's wife is a woman and it's hard to talk to these men, so they were brought to the door of Old Xu's house.

Those men had never seen such a beautiful house in a farmhouse. They all looked at the Xu family's house curiously and talked to the people next to them.

They became quiet when they saw someone coming out of the house. The Xu family didn't know what was going on at first, but suddenly there were so many people standing in front of their house. The village chief's wife briefly explained the matter to the old man.

The old man thought that with so many people coming so quickly, it seemed that it was hard to find jobs in the town. He coughed and said: "Everyone, I believe you all know about the recruitment of people for road construction in our village. I believe your relatives in Xujia Village have told you about the wages and so on? Do you have any opinions?"

A man spoke up: "Senior, we just came here today to ask if all the wages your family says are true? The big guys are a bit unsure, so they came over to ask, it's not good to have a misunderstanding when the time comes!"

The old man replied: "Yes, my family offers you all 25 wen a day's wages, although we don't give you any meals, but it's higher than the wages in the town, and you don't have to bring your own tools to work with, my family will buy new ones!"

Another man spoke up: "I heard that senior's family also grows some kind of greenhouse vegetables, I wonder if you still want people?"

The old man thought to himself, even if he wants people, he has to arrange for the people in his own village first, and said: "The staff is currently full and there is no need to recruit people, but there will be opportunities in the future."

The person who spoke felt a little regretful and said: "Alright then, in the future, if senior still needs someone just let me know, I'll be available anytime, oh yeah, Daniu's wife is my sister, just let her notify me when the time comes."

The old man smiled and nodded and said: "Definitely, definitely." In fact, the old man likes such people very much. He never misses an opportunity and knows how to recommend himself.

After getting the accurate answer, everyone felt that the trip was not in vain. They asked about the start time and then went back.

The old man thought there would be at least close to a hundred people, but no matter how many people there are, the repairs will be faster. It is estimated that there will definitely be more people coming to work than now, so he must be prepared.

Seeing that everyone was gone, the old man turned around and returned to the main hall. Qibao said to his grandfather: "Grandpa, I made some pills at my master's place and plan to take them to Leshan Pharmacy to sell them tomorrow."

The old man asked: "What kind of pills are they, why haven't I heard you talk about them?"