Setting up a banquet

At this time Qibao and Xiaoliu heard that grandpa and grandma were coming. She hurried over, and her sweet voice could be heard before she entered the hall. 

"Grandpa and grandma! I miss you so much!" They saw two small figures rushing into Sun's arms like a small cannonball. According to Qibao's memory, although she rarely sees her grandparents, but every time during the holidays, her mother would take her to her grandma's house. Her grandpa and grandma were so nice to her that they saved a lot of good food for her to eat every time she visited, but they couldn't even bring themselves to eat it.

Mrs. Sun hugged Qibao and Xiaoliu into her arms and said curiously: "Hey, grandma's Qibao and Xiaoliu, grandma miss you two so much. Our Qibao have become beautiful again after a long time, and our Xiaoliu looks like a little fairy boy."

Qibao smiled and nestled in her grandma's arms, saying: "Grandma is the best grandma, and grandma is getting more and more beautiful." Xiaoliu nodded in agreement.

Mrs. Sun smiled and said: "Look, is this sweet little mouth eating honey? Grandma is getting older and older, how can she still be beautiful!"

Mrs. Wang laughed and scolded from the side: "Look at this girl, she forgot about me as her grandma after she had a grandma. Oh, my heart!" As she said this, she pretended to be sad and patted her chest.

Qibao immediately said: "No grandma, grandma is the best grandma, grandma is the best grandma."

Mrs. Chen next to her said: "Older Sister, is this your little granddaughter Qibao? I haven't seen her for a long time, but this little girl has gained some weight, and she is as white and pretty like a blessed fairy doll."

Mrs. Wang laughed and said: "In-laws, don't exaggerate, if you praise this girl again, her tail is going to go up to the sky." Everyone else in the room laughed.

At this time, Elder Xu walked into the building and said: "In-laws, the new house is going to be built, let's go and watch the fun and add to the joy."

"Okay, then thank you for the invitation, let's go and have a look!" said the eldest daughter-in-law's biological father, Old Man Zhang.

The group of people arrived in front of the Xu family's new house. At this time, several men from the village were standing on the roof, each holding a bamboo basket in their hands and making preparations.

At this time, an elder in the village walked up to the new house and started reciting: "With a handful of candies as white as frost, I sprinkle them from the east bridge to the west bridge. Sprinkle it on the bridge to give birth to a noble son, and sprinkle it on the end of the bridge to give birth to a scholar. The Xu family's new house is on the top of the bridge today for good luck. Release the firecrackers!"

A man in the village took a stick of incense and lit the arranged firecrackers. Suddenly there was a crackling sound, and the villagers covered their ears and hid aside. When the string of firecrackers was finished, the men on the roof of the pillar began to sprinkle handfuls of joyful candies buns downward. The children below hurriedly grabbed it one by one, and then stuffed the candies buns into the cloth bags they had specially brought.

When the ceremony was over, Elder Xu stood in front of the new house and said: "Today is my old Xu family's big day, first of all I would like to thank the people in the village for giving face to me as an old man and coming to congratulate and help, for this reason the family has prepared a few tables of wine and food, you all have a good time eating and drinking today, and the wine will be enough, so please move to the courtyard, and the banquet will start right away."

The villagers all thanked them one after another and swarmed to Xu's house with great joy. The yard was too small to hold the banquet, so they had to set up a few more tables at the door. However, the farmers didn't care about this and chose their seats one by one.

Elder Xu commanded: "Everyone is here, let me arrange the dishes. Eldest, you three brothers will accompany the villagers to eat, toast, and show respect. Don't lose etiquette." Seeing his sons agree, Elder Xu then turned around and said: "The in-laws share a table with us at noon. I will drink with you all. It is rare that we all get together together. Today is a rare occasion. Come and sit in the hall." The three in-laws greeted each other politely and followed Elder. Xu to sit at the head table. Mrs. Wang, along with her three daughters-in-law and aunties who helped in the village, had served all the dishes, she returned to the main table and sat down.

After three rounds of drinking, the meal was almost done. None of the villagers had ever eaten meat and drank alcohol so happily. The food at the Xu family banquet today was excellent. Everyone was sighing at the Xu family's generosity as all the dishes on the table had been eaten.

When the villagers are almost eaten dispersed, several women who came to help immediately put down their dishes and stood up to help clear the table. There is strength in numbers, and in a short while they were all packed up and ready to leave. Mrs. Wang quickly stopped them and said: "Goudan, don't leave yet. You have been tired today. Come on, each of you can take two bowls of meat home to eat in the evening."

Goudanniang and the other women who were helping said: "Auntie, this is not possible. There is no way we can eat and take food at the same time. We are not tired from doing this kind of work. We are used to doing it at home."

Mrs. Wang said: "It's not the same thing. In your own house, of course, you do it for yourselves. But you guys helped my house today. Look how clean you made my house. Thanks, everyone. Anyway, there's a lot of meat left over. My family can't eat it all. Just treat it as if your aunt is asking you to help eat this meat. If you don't finish it, it will go bad." The women were very grateful after hearing this, so they followed Mrs. Wang's wishes and went back with two bowls each.

The three brothers of the Xu family also returned the tables and benches they borrowed from the villagers' houses, and also gave each family some food. When the three brothers came to the hall, Xu Dabo spoke up and said: "Father, when I sent the children to the school today. I specifically asked the shopkeeper who came to the furniture store to deliver the furniture, and the shopkeeper said that he would deliver the finished furniture in the afternoon." After hearing this, Elder. Xu expressed his understanding, and then personally poured a cup of tea for the three in-laws and started chatting.

In Mrs. Lin's room, Mrs. Sun held her daughter's hand and said: "Honglian, it seems that you are living a good life in the Xu family. Now that the Xu family is rich, you don't have to suffer and go hungry. Mom is relieved. I think your two sisters-in-law are also good, you have to get along well with them."

Mrs. Lin said: "Mom, I know everything you said. My mother-in-law treats me like a daughter. My eldest and my second sister-in-law treat me well and always treat me like a younger sister. The only thing I can't worry about is you and father. I'm not at home, and you and father are living alone. Your daughter really can't worry about it." After speaking, she wiped her eyes.

Mrs. Sun said: "Why are you crying? There is nothing to worry about, your father and I is fine, do not need you to worry about, we only have you only child, as long as you live well, I two have nothing to worry about."

Mrs. Lin suddenly remembered something in general, from the bed under the bedding took two taels of silver stuffed into the hands of Mrs. Sun and said: "Mother, it's the family did business, my mother-in-law gave me pocket money, your daughter is not worried about food and clothing in the Xu family, there is no need to spend silver, this silver mother take it to go back to buy some good food, you father also need to make up for your body."

Mrs. Sun immediately said: "How can this be done? Your mother-in-law gave you this money. If I take it, what will your mother-in-law's family think of me? How can you gain a foothold in the Xu family? Others will say that if you have money, you will supplement your mother's family. This money If you save it yourself, you can use it as a dowry for Qibao in the future."

Qibao walked in at this time and said: "Grandma, just accept the money that mother gave you. Qibao is not short of money. Qibao can earn as much money as I wants!"

After hearing this, Mrs. Sun only treated Qibao as a child, so she agreed with Qibao and said: "Okay, okay, when our Qibao grows up and makes money, how about you take grandma to spend it."