Beast

Qibao was listening to her uncle's serious nonsense. The key was that the villagers also believed it, and there was nothing she could do.

When everyone got home, Xiaowu and Xiaoliu collapsed on their chairs and couldn't get up. They had cut their hands in several places today, so they just kept their heads down and worked without saying a word.

When Mrs. Wang saw her grandsons so exhausted, she said with some distress: "You finally took a day off, but you've exhausted yourself like this."

The boy beside him was busy pouring water for his master, Xiaowu took the cup and filled it with a large mouthful, saying: "Grandma, I'm so hungry. When will we have dinner?"

Mrs. Wang said: "The food is ready. Go wash your face and you can eat soon."

Mrs. Jin and Mrs. Yin brought the food to the table. The brothers ate deliciously. For a while, their usual talking voices were gone, and they were all the sounds of chewing food.

After dinner, everyone washed up and went to bed, and Fu Rui really did what she said she would do, literally pouring Qibao's bath water into the basin one scoop at a time, and then dumping it out, making several trips to take care of it, without the floor getting wet.

Qibao also exerted great effort today and fell asleep on the bed.

In the private room of Zuixianoul in the capital, although it was already dark, the lights were brightly lit and there were many pedestrians wandering on the street.

Jing Chen and Su Chenyu sat against the window, and Su Chenyu said: "It's true what I said about your father. He actually used his status as uncle to pressure me and asked me to give him wine. It's not like you don't know where this wine comes from. What can I do? I can't make the decision!"

Jing Chen said: "The money in the treasury is not used to buy him wine. He has his own small treasury, but he is reluctant to take it out. If he doesn't give the money, you don't give it to him."

"Hey! It's easy for you to say that. He is the king of a country, and I can't refuse to lose his face. How about you help me? How about asking him to pay for it? You can't let that little girl suffer. No?" Su Chenyu rolled his eyes and said.

"Don't worry, he will pay for it."

Su Chenyu chuckled and said: "I knew you had a way. This wine is for my father and my grandfather. If they don't have money to drink it, don't even think about it. For this reason, my father even called me a white-eyed wolf. No, if I meet that girl, I have to ask for compensation. That girl really has a lot of good things!"

"What does this have to do with that girl? If your father wants to drink, just give it to him, and you can pay for it yourself."

Su Chenyu said: "I'll have to pay it myself? Don't be ridiculous, if you really don't let them pay for it, then they'll withhold all of this wine, how much silver would it cost! It's not like you don't know how much this wine sells for now. Small bottles with large sizes sell for a hundred taels, and the rich are rushing to buy them. Fortunately, I still have some status. Otherwise, whether I can still talk to you here is still a question."

"For that girl's life-saving grace to my grandmother, I will also help you."

Su Chenyu smiled teasingly: "Is it really as simple as a life-saving favor? I remember you gave her ten thousand taels of silver at that time."

Jing Chen said: "Is ten thousand taels of silver as important as my grandmother's life?"

Su Chenyu felt that this was a bit difficult to say, so he changed the subject and said: "I heard that the jam in the Queen Dowager's palace has reached the point where it is well known, even the concubines in the palace often go to the Queen Dowager's place to enjoy a little sip. However, the water from this jam is really delicious when frozen. My mother and my grandmother drink a glass of it every day, but my family didn't store much ice cubes last year. You have some in the palace. How many? Can you send some to me?"

Jing Chen said: "Well, I'll ask Ye Feng to send someone to deliver some to you tomorrow."

"I know you feel sorry for your cousin, and you're not such a stingy person."

"Do you think I'm here for you? I'm here to relieve my grandparents from the heat, so don't flatter yourself and leave!" After Jing Chen said this, he stood up and planned to leave.

"It's getting late, I have to go home."

So the two cousins ​​stood up and walked out of the private room side by side.

............  

For the past two days, Qibao had taken Sixth Brother and Eldest Uncle along with her to help out on the mountain every day, and today she didn't go to the mountain because there were some things to be done, and it just so happened that an unforeseen situation had occurred on this day.

Mei Niang originally planned to carry the bucket of ice water and place it at the lumber pile. As soon as she put the bucket down, she saw the man running up the mountain like crazy and running down the mountain. Mei Niang was far away and could not hear any movement. Seeing this, something must have happened, so she ran towards Xu's house.

"Sir, madam, something happened on the mountain! The workers all ran down the mountain."

Everyone else in the family also heard Mei Niang's shout and all went out.

The old man also ran out of the door quickly and saw that the villagers had run down the mountain.

Qibao didn't know what happened. When everyone ran up to her, she immediately grabbed one person and asked: "Uncle Daniu, what's wrong? Why are everyone so scared?"

"Aiyah! Damn it! There's...there's a big beast! It's a man-eater!"

Qibao asked hurriedly: "Aren't there white wolves and the others? No one was hurt, right?"

The old man also stepped forward worriedly and asked: "Is everyone okay?"

Everyone stopped and looked behind them, and found that no wild beast was following them.

"It's okay, we are all okay, but Daniu, have you really seen a big beast?" one person asked.

The Xu family was a little confused. Does this mean that only Daniu saw it?

The old man asked hurriedly: "What happened to Daniu?"

Xu Daniu took a breath and said: "Originally, in the middle of my work, I suddenly felt anxious, so I found a place where there was no one to deal with it. But in the middle of peeing, a black head came out from behind the tree and stared at me with bared teeth. I was so frightened that I ran away. When everyone heard that there was a wild beast, they followed me and ran down the mountain."

Qibao looked at something subconsciously, and there were indeed some suspicious signs.

The old man said: "This can't be possible! You haven't gone deep into the mountains, so why are there large beasts running out? Daniu, have you seen what it is?"

Xu Daniu patted his legs and said with a wrinkled face: "I saw that it was black and only half of the head was exposed. My attention was focused on the white teeth. I can still stare at them carefully. It is important to save my life!"

The old man said: "Let's all go back and rest today, the white wolves are still on the mountain, and I don't think they'll let that beast follow them down."

Xu Daniu said worriedly: "Will something happen to the white wolves? I see by that half head alone, the beast is definitely much bigger than a white wolves."

The old man was also a little worried about the white wolf's safety, but his mouth comforted him: "Don't worry! Bai Shuang, Bai Xue and its two children are together. The four of them will not be in danger together."

The old man asked the villagers to rest at home for half a day today. If there are really large beasts on the mountain, the safety of the villagers is still the most important.

When everyone in the Xu family saw that the villagers had gone back, they returned to their house. Not long after they sat down, four white wolves ran in from outside.

When the old man saw them coming back, he immediately stood up, touched them, and said: "Are you okay? Are you injured?" After saying that, he turned over the white wolf's fur with his hands and found that there was no injury, so he felt relieved.