A Meaningful Lesson

It was not until evening that Uncle Xu and Xu Chunsheng came back from the town. There were several children still sitting on the oxcart, and Xiaowu jumped down from the oxcart in a hurry before the oxcart stopped. While running into the main room, he shouted: "Grandpa, sister, I'm back!" Elder Xu came out of the house with a stern face and said: "Xiaowu, you have gone to school now, you can't be so reckless anymore, you have to change your temper!"

Xiaowu listened to his grandfather's words and said aggrievedly: "Grandpa, I'm not like this in the academy, every time I see a teacher. I have to salute and greet, you don't even know, I can't even straighten up my waist, come home and still don't let me relax a little bit....."

Xu Wenwu also brought his younger brothers inside and said: "Grandpa, please don't stop Xiaowu, Xiaowu behaved well in the academy, the teacher even praised him for knowing the etiquette!"

Xiaowu scratched his head in embarrassment and said: "Big brother, didn't the Master praise you too! He praised you for being diligent in studying and asking questions. If you don't understand something, you just ask the him. Unlike other students who don't understand anything in class and are too ashamed to ask the teacher after class for fear that the teacher will scold them. Stupid, many people just pretend to understand, only the eldest brother does this, the teacher is very happy!"

Upon hearing this, Elder Xu nodded with satisfaction and said: "Your big brother did the right thing, you have to learn from your big brother, understand?"

The younger brothers also agreed in unison. Qibao walked in carrying a basket of fruits and said: "Brothers, quickly come over and eat some fruits to fill your stomachs, grandma and the others are already cooking dinner."

Seeing their sister took so many fruits, the boys all gathered around and took their favorite fruits, and chattered with their sister about the new things they saw on their first day in the academy, and about what knowledge the teacher had mentioned......

Qibao also smiled and listened attentively to what her brothers said, and from time to time she also echoed a couple of voices, waiting until they had all finished, Xu Wenwu then said: "Alright, while it is still light, all take the books and go to the courtyard to revise your homework, and later on, write another sheet of calligraphy, and hand it over to me when you're done." The boys obeyed their big brother's words very well, so they all agreed.

Xu Dabo said to the old man: "Father, I went to that brick kiln with Chunsheng today, and have already made an agreement with the owner there, paying a deposit of 50 taels, and that owner said that he will be able to bring the first batch of green bricks over tomorrow morning."

Grandpa Xu asked: "The problem of the bricks has been solved, but do we go to the mountains and cut the wood ourselves, or do we buy it from the lumber merchants?"

Xu Dabo thought for a moment and said: "Tomorrow is the day to deliver food to Zuixianlou, I'll go ask Shopkeeper Tong, he should know."

Elder Xu stated: "Not bad, then this matter will be left to you."

Not long after, Mrs. Wang's shouted "Dinner is ready." The boys sat in front of the dining table in a flash, and Mrs. Wang smiled and said: "What's wrong? Didn't any of them eat lunch?"

Xu Zihao said: "Grandma, it's not that we haven't eaten, you don't know, the meals in the academy's dining hall tastes tasteless, it's either radish or cabbage, not as good as the ones we make at home."

Xu Laoer added. "I think you guys don't even know what your last name is anymore after a couple of days of good times. You can't get away with what others are eating? Think about what our family has been through before, we can't forget our roots!"

After hearing what their father and second uncle said, the boys all lowered their heads in shame. Yes, in the past, even radishes were not available every day at home. They can't forget the suffering they've just because their family's living conditions are better, and if they didn't have their sister, they wouldn't be able to get enough of brown rice porridge......

Xu Wenwu said: "Second uncle, I remember it. I will never do it again. I will always keep it in my heart." After saying that, he bowed to the second uncle. The second uncle gave himself a meaningful lesson today.

Seeing this, the family members all nodded with satisfaction. Mrs. Wang said: "Alright, the children all know where they're wrong, so don't talk about it anymore, and the food is getting cold." She signaled the old man to move his chopsticks.

After the old man moved his chopsticks, others started eating one after another.

After the meal, Xu Chunsheng went into the yard and asked: "Uncle, you see it's getting late now, and the workers have to go home for dinner. How should we arrange it?"

Elder Xu slapped his forehead and said: "I almost forgot to explain, from now on, as long as it's dinner time, the workers will be dismissed and go home, just come back tomorrow." Xu Chunsheng got the message and went out to gather the workers so they could go home for dinner.

Qibao took out the vegetables in the space that would be given to Zuixianlou tomorrow, sprinkled some spiritual spring water, and then came to the yard to watch her brothers writing and reading. Gradually, the sky got dark, and Qibao said: "Brothers, it's getting dark soon. It's not good for your eyes to read any more. Go inside and have a rest!" The brothers obediently put away their books and went back to their rooms to rest.

Early the next morning, Qibao brought her brothers to train as usual, she temporarily did not tell her brothers that she has been learning Kung Fu, because her brothers haven't trained for two days yet, she intends to train for a month before teaching them Kung Fu, of course she won't let them practice the same Kung Fu as herself, not to mention that this Kung Fu is only suitable for women's cultivation, and the brothers won't be able to practice it with no spiritual Qi.

After breakfast, Xu Dabo moved a few baskets of vegetables to the oxcart, the boys also got on the oxcart, just seems a little crowded, and barely sat down. Qibao saw the situation and thought about whether to buy another oxcart or horse carriage, but still shook her head. It's wasn't like this every day, and even if they bought it, they didn't have any extra room to put it in their yard, so let's wait until the house is built.

At noon, several carriages came to the village, and the villagers came out to watch the excitement. Many people saw the carriages for the first time. At this time, a man driving the carriages in front asked about the location of Xu Yifeng's house. After thanking him, he walked towards the villagers. Came over in the direction pointed to.

Xu Chunsheng immediately greeted him and said: "What makes old brother deliver it himself, come have a drink of water and rest your feet."

The man said politely: "Brother, look at where it is more suitable to put these bricks so that I can unload the truck."

Xu Chunsheng pointed to an open space and said: "Just leave it here." He turned around and shouted to the workers: "Gimme some help!" The man and the people behind him unloaded the green bricks and stacked them neatly together.

After unloading all the things, the man cupped his fists and said: "Brother Chunsheng, there are still a lot of things to do in the brick kiln. My father can't handle it alone, so it's inconvenient for me to stay here. If you need anything in the future, come to the brick kiln to find me. Xu Chunsheng smiled and agreed, so he walked a few steps and stopped, watching the carriage move away before turning around and heading back to the construction site.

Xu Dabo also came back from the town at this time, handing over the silver to Mrs. Wang's hand, and said to the old man: "Father, I've already talked to Shopkeeper Tong about the situation at home, and Shopkeeper Tong really does know the merchant who sells timber, and told me that next time I have time, Shopkeeper Tong will personally take me to meet that merchant."

Old Xu nodded and said: "As long as you have the clues, wait a few days. There is still some time before the house is built. We still have time..."