Brothers, coming Back home

The village chief laughed and scolded: "Daniu, I haven't finished speaking yet, what are you snatching at me for! You're too impatient!"

The other villagers laughed after hearing this. Xu Daniu chuckled twice and scratched his head in embarrassment.

The village chief continued: "It has been raining the past few days and everyone can't even go out. The Xu family came to me and decided to build roads for the village!"

When the villagers heard this, they burst into flames and started talking.

"Is this true?"

"It must be true. The village chief has said so. How can it be false?"

"The Xu family's people are really great benefactors, they've always helped the village after earning money, and now they're going to help the villagers build a road, that's a big deal!"

"Yes, the Xu family is benevolent and righteous, everyone knows that once this road is repaired, we will all take advantage of it!"

There were also some older people who raised their hands excitedly and said: "Everyone would like to thank the Xu family for making such a great contribution to the village!"

For a moment, the villagers all bent down to thank the old man, and they kept saying thank you.

The old man spoke up and said: "Don't be polite, I should do this. Since my family has the ability, why not do it! This will not only be convenient for everyone, but also convenient for myself. It is also a good thing to do good deeds and accumulate virtue. I believe that in the future our village is on a good road, and its future development will not be bad. As long as everyone lives well, I will be happy!" 

The villagers were very moved after hearing this. Some villagers pulled out their children and said excitedly: "Quick, thank you Grandpa Dashan, and kowtow to Grandpa Dashan."

Other villagers have followed suit, a group of small carrot head on the clearing kowtowed toward the old man, they do not understand what it means, only know that Grandpa Dashan wants to build a road, but their own parents want to kowtow, they will do as they are told to do.

The old man hurriedly said: "What are you doing? Get the children up quickly, the ground is cold!" After saying that, he helped the little boy closest to him and patted the soil on his knees.

The village chief said: "Brother, you are worthy of being so grateful by the villagers. Speaking of which, even I have to thank you. As the village chief, this can be regarded as my achievement."

The old man smiled and said: "Having you as the village chief who considers the villagers wholeheartedly is a blessing to Xujia Village!"

The village chief waved his hand and said: "Brother, I'm joking. The village chief must take on the responsibility of the village chief. I should do these things." After saying that, he turned around and shouted loudly to the villagers who were still talking in low voices: "There is one more thing I want to make clear to everyone. Don't feel uncomfortable! The Xu family plans to pay the road construction workers twenty-five cents per person, which is a few cents higher than those who work in greenhouses!"

After hearing this, the villagers were quiet for a moment. The village chief thought that the villagers had objections, and his heart was in his throat.

A man said loudly: "What's the point? It's much easier for us to work in greenhouses than to build roads. We usually have more free time, so it's normal for their wages to be higher!"

Xu Daniu also said: "That's right, I work in a greenhouse. Not only have I not lost weight, I have gained a lot of weight. Besides, we have long-term jobs. How can this compare?"