Buying people

"Thank you, miss. My daughter is feeling a little uncomfortable and is sleeping. I'll bring her over right now." The woman hurriedly got up and ran back.

When the man Yazi saw this, he immediately smiled and said: "Ai yang! I've come across a good family, you're really nice people!" How could he be unhappy, that girl is only two years old, and can't do any work, no one will buy her, and have to raise her for a few years for nothing, isn't that a loss, now it's just the right thing to do.

After a while, the woman came back with a little girl in her arms. Qibao took a look and saw that she was a typical malnourished big-headed baby. Because she was too thin, her hair was dry and yellow, and her clothes had several holes. It's also a few times too big, and you can tell at a glance that it's clothes that others don't want.

The woman carried the little girl to Qibao and said: "Miss, this is my daughter, her name is Yaya." Then she said to the daughter in her arms: "YaYa, from now on, you have to call Miss, and you must listen to Miss, okay?"

The girl named Yaya nodded slightly, probably because she was too weak, her eyes were dull and she looked drowsy.

Qibao knew at a glance that it was caused by not eating for a long time.

Qibao nodded, motioned for the woman to stand over, and said to Ren Yazi: "I wonder if you have anyone here who is physically strong and knows a bit of kung fu?"

The man Yazi thought for a while and said: "There really is such a person. He used to help escorts. He does know some kung fu. However, this person is a bit unattractive, so I didn't let him out. I plan to keep him for myself. Since the Miss asked, then I will He brought it here to show the Miss."

Qibao nodded in agreement. It didn't matter whether he looked good or not, as long as he was useful.

Ren Yazi smiled and nodded repeatedly, ran into a room, and soon brought out a burly man.

Ren Yazi and the man stood in front of the Xu family. Uncle Xu whispered in Qibao's ear: "This man looks fierce, could he be a bad guy? Will it be okay to buy him home?"

Qibao looked at this man for a moment. Although he looked a little fierce, it could be seen from his eyes that there was no such ferocious look, but rather calm.

Qibao asked: "What's your name? And how is your kung fu?"

The man replied: "My name is Kui Wu, I used to help people escort goods, usually three or four adults can't do anything to me."

The old man asked again: "How can you sell yourself into slavery when you know some kung fu and have a mouthful of food wherever you go?"

The man named Kui Wu answered: "It's because I accidentally had my employer's belongings stolen by another group of people while I was escorting goods. My team and I didn't have enough money to pay out with our entire fortune, so I sold myself to pay off the debt."

Qibao nodded, rather a righteous one who didn't just walk away, and said: "Okay, I'll take you, stand over here."

"Yes!"

Qibao picked two more women, as well as two cleaning boys and maids.

Seeing that it was almost done, she said: "Calculate how much it will cost!"

The man Yazi said with a smile: "The maids are eight taels of silver each, the boys are ten taels, but this Kui Wu is going to be fifteen taels of silver, since he knows kung fu and is different from the others, so naturally he's more expensive."

Ren Yazi took out his abacus and dialed it twice, then said: "A total of one hundred and eighty-seven taels of silver, that two-year-old girl will be given to you, how about it?"

Qibao didn't counter-offer, sort of leaving a shred of dignity for these servants.

The old man took out the silver and handed it to Ren Yazi with a wink.

Ren Yazi immediately took the silver with a smile and said: "I'll get these people's deeds of sale right now."

After a while, Ren Yazi took a stack of deeds and handed them to the old man and said: "Look, the deeds of sale of all these people are here, no less than one."

The old man looked at it and found that it was correct, then he put away the deed of sale and said: "Since everyone is bought and paid for, we'll take our leave."

Ren Yazi said with a smile: "Take care then, if you still need someone in the future, come to me, you'll be satisfied."

After Qibao came out with the people, she saw that the clothes of the people she bought were too shabby, so she called the woman holding Yaya and said: "You put YaYa in the carriage, I'll give you silver, you take a few people to the cloth store and buy some fabrics back, just something suitable for you guys to wear."

When the woman heard that she bought it for slaves like them, she hurriedly waved her hand and said: "How can we slaves let our master spend money to buy things for us!" Those who had been bought behind her followed suit, shaking their heads.

Qibao said seriously: "The clothes you are wearing now are too shabby. If you wear such clothes to work, what will others think of our Xu family? Will they say that our Xu family treats their slaves harshly?"

When the woman heard this, she was so frightened that she quickly knelt down. The people behind her also knelt down and said: "This slave deserves to die. I didn't think so much. Please forgive me, Master."

Qibao said: "We are outside now, and if you kneel down like this, others will think that we are abusing you! Get up quickly, and if you are told to buy it, just go and buy it, just be obedient!"

"Yes, slave, go right away." The woman was about to put Yaya into the carriage, but Yaya stretched out her hand to hold the woman and said with a cry: "Mom, don't go, YaYa wants Mom!"

The woman touched her head and said: "Mom is just going to buy some things. Just wait here and listen to the young miss and the master. I will be back soon!"

Yaya let go of her hand obediently, but the tears kept falling from her eyes. She was afraid that her mother would abandon her and no longer want her, and that some bad people would beat her like grandma.

The woman took the money from her master with both hands, took a few maids, and went to buy cloth.

A few boys stood in place with their heads lowered, and Qibao saw that there was a store selling buns next to her, so she went to buy two meat buns and came back.

When she opened the carriage door curtain, she saw Yaya huddled in the corner of the carriage, silently wiping her tears and trying not to make a sound.

Qibao looked at her as a small ball and thought she was pitiful, so she said: "Yaya, come here. Do you want to eat the meat buns I bought?"

Yaya was at first startled by the open curtains, seeing that it was the young miss that her mother and she had spoken of, and holding two white, fat and fragrant buns in her hands, she swallowed her saliva, but didn't come over and said: "Eat, Grandma hit."

Qibao finally understood. Fortunately, her grandmother loved her more than her brothers and her life was much better than Yaya's.

Qibao said patiently again: "Eat, no one will hit you."

She was probably really hungry. Seeing that Qibao had no intention of hitting her, she slowly came to Qibao and stretched out her two little black hands. Seeing this, Qibao quickly took back the bun and Yaya was startled, thinking that she had made the young miss angry. She was so frightened that she almost sat down on the ground, and tears began to accumulate in her eyes again.

Qibao felt a little headache when she saw this, so she said: "Look at how dirty your hands are. Eating buns like this will cause diarrhea." After saying that, she took out a small handkerchief from her arms, picked up Yaya's little hand and wiped for her.

Yaya opened her two big eyes and didn't know what to do for a moment. No one except her mother would be so kind to her.