County Magistrate

At this moment, there was a sound of gongs and drums from behind the crowd. Everyone turned around and saw people dressed as the lion dancers coming towards the barbecue restaurant.

They didn't stop until they reached the entrance of the barbecue restaurant. Su Chenyu came up from behind and said: "Congratulations to Grandpa Xu on the opening of his new store. Chenyu specially invited a lion dance to celebrate. I hope our barbecue restaurant will have a prosperous business!" After saying that, the secret guard behind him held a box covered with red silk and delivered it to Elder Xu.

The old man asked in surprise: "Chenyu, what is this?"

Su Chenyu said: "This is to congratulate the opening of the new store. I send you a congratulatory gift. I hope Grandpa Xu will accept it."

Elder Xu also knew that Su Chenyu was trying to show face to them, so he accepted it and returned it to Su Chenyu in private!

So Elder Xu took the gift box with both hands and said: "Thank you Chenyu!" Although Su Chenyu is also one of the owners of the barbecue restaurant, the shop is still under the name of Qibao, and the boss is also Qibao.

Suddenly there was another sound in the crowd, and Jing Chen led a group of people, setting off firecrackers all the way to the entrance of the barbecue restaurant. He was also holding a big box, and he didn't know what was inside, and came to Elder. Xu, cupped his hands and said: "Grandpa Xu, this is a congratulatory gift from me to congratulate the opening of the store, it's a jade toad, which happens to fit on the counter!"

Ye Feng opened the box, and it was clear that a jade toad made of white jade was sitting inside, shining brightly in the sunlight.

Everyone around took a breath. This toad was carved from a whole piece of white jade. A small piece is rare, let alone, such a large piece. This is mutton-fat jade, worth thousands of gold.

The Xu family was also shocked. Elder Xu said: "Jing Chen, this is too valuable, just take it back!"

"Yeah, yeah." others echoed.

Jing Chen said: "Grandpa Xu, I also have a share in this barbecue restaurant. Just treat it as the table I bought for my own store."

Others had nothing to say, and Jing Chen's words were not bad either.

Seeing that the Xu family was not saying anything, Jing Chen motioned to Ye Feng to place the jade toad on the counter.

Elder Xu saw that a large group of people had gathered at the door, so he said: "Our store is open today. Now there are people who want to try my barbecue. Come in and find a seat. If it is late, there will be no seats."

After hearing this, the onlookers all entered the barbecue restaurant in a hurry, and each took their family and friends to find a seat to sit down. The waiters in the store hurriedly started pouring tea and ordering dishes for the guests.

A man dressed like a student looked at the store and said: "This is my first time seeing a store like this. The paintings on the wall are really interesting. This is my first time seeing paintings with such a style!"

"Yes, yes, I don't know if this barbecue restaurant tastes as good as the old man said!"

"You'll know after you try it. Even if it doesn't taste good, it's worth seeing these paintings!"

Just then, an exclamation came from the people inside the store, and everyone curiously gathered around the door of the room to look at it.

Those students finally squeezed into the room and saw that the walls were painted with bright red plum blossoms. They were so delicate and beautiful that they seemed to smell the fragrance of plum blossoms. They couldn't help but sigh: "What a painting!" They have never seen anyone paint the plum blossom's spirit of self-improvement. Truly a masterpiece to everyone, today they are considered to have had their eyes opened.

"And this poem, it's really amazing! Who is such a talented and accomplished person who can write poems? There is a huge difference between us and him."

There are many wise people who say: "This wall is like this, then the other walls must be even more exciting!"

Those who were obsessed with literary talent immediately ran to other rooms to watch. In this way, there were one or two exclamations from time to time throughout the barbecue restaurant.

The waiters who served the dishes were helpless. All the dishes were served, but there was no one on the table.

Elder Xu exclaimed: "Dear guests, can you enjoy these paintings slowly after the meal, you see our staff can't even serve the food, please forgive us!"

After hearing this, the guests were too embarrassed to continue to gather around the door of the room. They all returned to their seats. A few people who were obsessed with poetry asked the shopkeeper to borrow paper and pen to copy down all the verses they had just read.

The guests who didn't know how to read didn't understand these literati preferences, so they could only focus on the food, and began to start grilling the meat with the other guests who already had their mouths full.

When everyone took the first bite, they all started to praise: "This roasted meat is so delicious. It's different from the barbecued meat I've eaten before!"

"Yeah, I don't know what kind of seasoning this is, but as long as it is sprinkled on the meat, the fragrance will almost make your tongue swallow it!"

There were many others who just ate and didn't have time to talk, all testifying to the deliciousness of the barbecue.

At this time, a middle-aged man with a beard and a gentle manner came in from the door, wearing an official uniform, followed by two government officials.

When shopkeeper Zhang saw the visitor, he hurriedly walked around the counter, knelt down and saluted: "I have met the county magistrate!"

The man who was called the county magistrate said: "No need to be polite, I wonder if Mr. Su is here?"

Shopkeeper Zhang quickly replied: "Sir, here, I will go to the backyard to inform Mr. Su!"

The county magistrate quickly said: "No need, you take me directly to see Mr. Su." He was joking, how could he let Su Chenyu come to greet him, unless he didn't want to be an official anymore.

When the Xu family heard that the county magistrate was coming, they hurried towards the backyard. When they saw shopkeeper Zhang coming in with a middle-aged man in official uniform, they knew that this was the county magistrate and they knelt down to salute.

Upon seeing this, the county magistrate quickly stopped and said: "You don't have to be polite. I am congratulating you on the opening of your new store. I have given you a few small gifts. Please accept them."

Everyone in the Xu family looked at each other, and Elder Xu said: "Sir, how can I accept your gift? Please take it back."

The county magistrate said: "No problem, just take it. I wonder where Mr. Su is?"

The Xu family was originally confused as to why they had alerted the county magistrate to come personally to deliver gifts even though they had a shop. But now that they heard the county magistrate ask this question, they suddenly understood that they were here for Su Chenyu. Uncle Xu quickly ran to call Su Chenyu.

After a while, Su Chenyu came out of the room and raised his eyebrows when he saw the county magistrate.

The county magistrate hurriedly came forward and said: "Mr. Su, I came here today specifically to wish you good luck with the opening of your new store. If I can be of any use, please send someone to let me know!" He knew that Su Chenyu had not told anyone. Tell him his true identity, so he can't expose it himself.

Su Chenyu said: "Well, I won't be staying in Huamen Town for long, so the magistrate will help take care of this barbecue restaurant. This restaurant is jointly opened by the Xu family and I, do you understand?"

The county magistrate understood the meaning of Su Chenyu's words and responded repeatedly: "I know, I know!"

Su Chenyu said: "Then please invite Magistrate Wu to try our barbecue at noon. Is Magistrate Wu free?"

Magistrate Wu hurriedly replied back: "Free, then thank you Mr. Su and Elder. Xu for your hospitality."