Apology

After drinking the water, under the signal of the white wolf, they reluctantly walked towards the depths of the forest.

The Xu family stepped forward to take the prey home. Fortunately, they were all hares, pheasants, and the likes. They could carry several with one hand, and they carried them back and forth several times before transporting them all home.

The old man said: "We can't run back and forth here. Eldest, get on the bullock cart, put the prey on the bullock cart, and let's send it one by one!"

Uncle Xu Dabo drove the oxcart back, the others helped put all the prey on the oxcart, and after it was all prepared. Uncle Xu led the oxcart and followed behind his father, Qibao also followed with her white wolf.

When he came to the house closest to his house, which happened to be Xu Daniu's house, there was the sound of clinking bowls and chopsticks. The family was probably having dinner at home. Elder Xu knocked on the door, and the voice of Xu Daniu's wife came from inside: "Who is it, coming, coming." This was followed by a sound of footsteps coming closer and closer.

Mrs. Zheng opened the door and saw Elder Xu, followed by Uncle Xu Dabo. She smiled and said: "So it's Uncle and Big Brother Xu? What's wrong with coming here so late? Come in and sit down!"

Elder Xu waved his hand and said: "No, I'm here to apologize for what happened this afternoon. Everyone was frightened. This is a wild animal that my family specially sent the white wolf up to the mountain to catch. Take it as an apology!" After saying that, he turned around to get the pheasant from the oxcart.

But someone was one step ahead of him, and the white wolf squeezed in from the middle, holding a pheasant in his mouth.

Mrs. Zheng didn't pay attention and was startled again. Xu Daniu at home heard the noise and hurriedly came over to check.

Seeing that it was the Xu family who had come and brought the white wolf over, his heart beat faster for a few moments, but thinking that the wolf was docile, he wasn't so scared.

Uncle Xu laughed: "Brother Daniu, the White Wolf specially caught the prey in the mountains and sent it himself to make amends, so take it!"

Xu Daniu replied: "How can this be possible? We are not injured and there is no loss. I can't accept this. You can take it home and eat it yourself!"

Uncle Xu said: "Look, the oxcart behind me was brought back by White Wolf. My family can't finish it, so just accept it!"

Xu Daniu hesitated for a while, carefully pulled the pheasant out of the wolf's mouth, and said: "Then thank you Uncle Dashan, I'll take this pheasant!"

At this time, Xu Daniu's youngest son Tiedan hugged Zheng's thigh and said: "Big dog, bite!" Tiedan looked about four or five years old and couldn't tell whether he was a wolf or a dog.

Bai Shuang looked at the little guy who said he was a big dog with resentful eyes, and groaned at Qibao.

Qibao touched Bai Shuang's head and said to Tiedan: "Brother Tiedan, this is not a big dog, this is a wolf!"

When Tiedan heard that it was a wolf, he was so scared that he quickly hid behind his parents, covering his eyes and not daring to look. However, he still secretly peeked through his fingers and looked at the white wolf curiously.

Qibao said: "Brother Tiedan, my white wolf doesn't bite, you can pet it like me!"

Tiedan watched Qibao touching the fur on the white wolf's neck. The wolf didn't bite Qibao. He suddenly became less afraid. He came out from behind his parents and walked towards the white wolf.

Mrs. Zheng was a bit scared and didn't dare to let her son come forward, but seeing Qibao touching the white wolf like this, the white wolf didn't get angry and let Qibao touch it. She doesn't pull her son, but she herself follows her son's back and protects her son's safety at all times.

Tiedan stretched out his little hand and imitated Qibao, and touched the white wolf's neck. As soon as his hand touched it, he retracted it. Seeing that the white wolf didn't respond, he reached out and touched it again.

White Wolf also let him touch it. Tiedan smiled happily and was no longer afraid. He put his two little hands together and immediately had a great time playing.

The White Wolf also gently licked his little hand, and Tiedan also giggled happily.

The adults on the side also felt relieved, Elder Xu spoke: "There are still so many people left to deliver, and it's getting late, so we'll just go on to the next one, so we'll be off!"

Xu Daniu replied: "Okay, uncle, you go ahead and do your work first, we won't keep you!" 

Mrs. Zheng stepped forward and hugged Tiedan, who was still playing with the White Wolf, and said: "Tiedan, don't play anymore, Grandpa Dashan still has things to do, wait until next time to play!" Tiedan looked at White Wolf a little fondly, but still nodded.

They left Xu Daniu's house and walked towards the next house. Just like that, the villagers were a little scared and nervous at first when they saw the Xu family bringing the White Wolf over. But looking at the honest and well-behaved white wolves, they gradually accepted it. Some of them took the prey and said thank you to the white wolf with a smile, and the white wolf also bared his teeth in response.

The villagers were extremely surprised when they saw it, and they all said that the white wolf of the Xu family was different from ordinary wolves. The hair was white and translucent, and it was extraordinary at first sight. Maybe it was a wolf fairy!

When the prey was delivered to Xu Hua'er's house, it was Hua'er's father who opened the door. Xu Hua'er also came out, pulling Qibao and looking at the white wolf and saying: "I know all the news about the prey being sent by your family, can I touch them?"

Qibao said to the White Wolf: "Bai Shuang, Bai Xue, this is my good friend Hua'er, please say greet sister Hua'er!"

The white wolf whined at Xu Hua'er obediently, stretched out it claws...

Xu Hua'er smiled and said: "How come I have become their sister?" After saying that, she held the White Wolf's hand and said hello: "Hello, Bai Shuang, Bai Xue."

Hua'er's father laughed nervously: "Hehehe, my Hua'er is diligent, and I can't help but love my own child!" 

Elder Xu handed the prey to Hua'er's father and said: "Alright, you all go inside. We still have to go to the village chief's house, and if we're late, the village chief's house will be closed for the night, so we'll be off!"

Hua'er's father said: "Come on! Uncle Dashan, come to my house when you have time. I will ask Hua'er's mother to cook some dishes, and I will drink with Uncle Dashan and Brother Xu!"

The old man smiled and agreed: "Okay, then I will definitely come, so let's get going!"

Qibao bid farewell to her friend and followed her grandfather to the village chief's house, which would be the last place to go.

The person who opened the door was the village chief. He already knew the purpose of the Xu family's visit and said with a smile: "Brother is here! Come inside and have a drink of water!"

The old man shook his head and said: "It's getting late. We're getting ready to go back. My family is still waiting!"

The village chief didn't give much advice after hearing this. He looked at the two white wolves and said: "Brother, do you really plan to keep these two white wolves? Wolves are wild and have bad tempers. If something happens, it will be too late to regret!"

Elder Xu replied: "The white wolf has been living in my house for some time now, it has always been very obedient and docile. It doesn't need us to worry about it, when it's hungry, it will go to the mountains to hunt for food by itself, and sometimes it will bring prey back to us, the family likes them very much. If we really send them away, our family can't bear to let go of them, this wolf is very spiritual!"