Paying wages

Just the day before the Chinese New Year, the road in Xujia Village was finally repaired, and workers were lining up at the door of Xujia House waiting to be paid!

Everyone had a smile on their face. In order to pay for this time, Wang specially asked Uncle Xu to go to the town to exchange for a lot of copper coins.

They were paid 25 Wen for a day's work, and a month was 750 Wen. Because it was almost New Year, the Xu family wanted to celebrate, so they rounded up the whole number for each person and gave them 800 Wen.

The workers were very happy when they got the money. Everyone thanked them politely after taking the money. Even fifty cents can buy three kilograms of pork. How can they be unhappy?

After receiving the money, people rushed to their homes impatiently. Soon all the workers from other villages were gone, leaving only the people from the village who were working on vegetables in greenhouses.

The old man spoke: "Everyone has received their wages today and can celebrate the New Year at home with peace of mind. After the New Year, everyone will come back to work. In addition, my family has not prepared any New Year's gifts for everyone this year. Each person is given one or two pieces of silver, and the rest is everyone's Year-end bonus!"

This year-end bonus was given by Qibao. After all, they were from her own village. They also managed the greenhouse in an orderly manner, so they didn't need to worry about it, and they didn't lose anything.

The villagers exclaimed: "Uncle, you're giving too much, aren't you? You gave me an extra four hundred yuan!"

"Yes!"

The old man waved his hand and said: "It's not all because of you, usually when it's time to pick, the women of your family will also come to help, we can't let them work for nothing, right? Go back to your wife, if they didn't care about you, they wouldn't have come to suffer from this tiredness, understand?"

A man scratched his head and smiled: "I know, I must feel sorry for my wife..."

"Hahaha..."

Suddenly a burst of laughter broke out.

The old man smiled and said: "Also, Chunsheng is the manager of the greenhouse, and he usually has a lot of things to worry about. Therefore, my family plans to give Chunsheng two taels of silver. Do you have any opinions?"

Xu Daniu replied: "Uncle, we don't have any objections. Brother Chunsheng does more things than us. We usually just do the work of weeding and watering the vegetables in the shed that we are responsible for. After that, there is nothing else to do, but Brother Chunsheng has to do it. He patrols each greenhouse and is very responsible. He deserves the salary he deserves, and I have no objection!"

"Me neither!"

"Yes, we are satisfied!"

............

The old man nodded happily and said: "Okay, Chunsheng comes here to get your wages!"

Xu Chunsheng scratched his head in embarrassment and said: "Uncle, isn't it too much? I feel so guilty about it!"

"I see everything you do. You deserve this money, and my family can't treat you badly! Take it!" The old man put the prepared two taels of silver into Xu Chunsheng's hand.

After Xu Chunsheng thanked him, his face smiled like a flower. He had never received so much wages in a month!

Seeing that Xu Chunsheng had already pocketed the white silver, the others couldn't wait any longer and spontaneously lined up to wait for the silver.