Chinese New Year

After finishing a bowl of rice porridge, Mrs. Sun said: "Old man, you can sleep for a while longer, cover yourself tightly, and you'll be fine." After covering him with the quilt, Mrs. Sun left the room and went to the kitchen.

As soon as she entered the kitchen, she saw her in-laws was scrubbing the pots and washing the dishes. Mrs. Sun quickly stepped forward and said: "I'll do it, I can do all this, you guys go take a break, I can't just eat and not work."

Mrs. Wang wiped her hands and took Ms. Sun, saying: "This bit of work that needs to be done by the mother of the in-laws, You can live here peacefully without any burdens. You just take care of the in-law, the day after tomorrow will be the New Year's Eve, when he get better we will be able to sit down and have the New Year's Eve dinner together, that will definitely be very lively."

Mrs. Sun said with red eyes: "Thank you so much, in-laws. I don't even know how to thank you."

Mrs. Wang comforted her: "If you don't know what to say, don't say it. It's too irritating that the whole family is saying those things. I'm a few years older than you, so just call me sister from now on!"

Mrs. Sun nodded with tears in her eyes, at this time, Mrs. Lin stated: "Mother, I made you new clothes, I'll take you to try them on, if they don't fit, I'll fix them, we have to wear new clothes for the Chinese New Year!"

Mrs. Wang laughed and said: "Yes, let's try it. Honglian has been working on it for several days!"

Mrs. Sun smiled and nodded, Mrs. Lin took her hand and left the kitchen.

The kitchen had been cleaned up, and Mrs. Wang asked: "Eldest daughter-in-law and second daughter-in-law, when I brought your third sibling's parents over, is there anything in your mind? Will it be uncomfortable?"

Mrs. Zhang replied: "No, if I were the third younger sibling, I might have done the same, my mother has more than just me as a child, and my older brothers in the family are also around, so I usually don't worry about my parents not having anyone to take care of them except for being missed but not worried about it, but the third younger sibling is different."

Mrs. Li also stated: "Mother, don't worry, I don't have a problem with that, thanks to the fact that the three of us have such a good mother-in-law, or else we would have a problem with anyone in the family."

Mrs. Wang smiled and said: "I'm just happy that you two didn't complain. After all, Honglian will take care of her from now on, and we can't help."

Mrs. Zhang said: "From now on, Wenxiu and I will do more of the work at home. It's not a heavy job."

Mrs. Li also said: "Yes, Mom, don't worry about us. Now that the family's conditions have improved, it's all thanks to Qibao. We can't object to her honoring her grandparents. That's really inhumane!"

Mrs. Wang smiled and said: "Okay, I know you two are good sisters-in-law. If you don't have any objections, mom can rest assured. Okay, let's fry some meatballs now and save them for the New Year!"

............

Soon came the New Year's Eve, Xu family has been busy for two days. They have prepared a lot of dishes, and even the smell of meat is wafting from every house in the village, and the children in the village may have been infected by the new atmosphere of the New Year, they are often heard in the village frolicking and playing around, and their silvery laughter spreads far and wide...

Old Lin's illness has improved a lot, and he can now get out of bed. The old man took Old Lin and taught him to play backgammon together. The two of them were about the same age, so they were quite good at talking.