Panic

Qibao saw other children eating with their mouths full of oil and a look of satisfaction on their faces. Qibao felt a little sad when she saw it. It was probably the first time they had eaten so much meat since they had growing up. This cannot be helped. The average poor farmers will often buy meat to eat. They may buy two catties of meat every 6 months, and one person can't share more than a few slices.

This barbecue feast was eaten in a dark place, there is also a handful of people who drink too much wine and lay there for half a day without moving a bit. Elder Xu spoke: "Send them home quickly to sleep. Don't let them lie on the ground and get cold!"

Several sober men worked together to help the drunk man home, and their wives followed behind and went home to take care of the drunk husband.

The meat was almost eaten, and wine jars were everywhere. The old man said: "It's getting late. Go home and rest early. Remember to put out the fire. Also, if you come back to work tomorrow afternoon, your wages will still be paid!"

The villagers were very happy, tidied up the ground, the little ones bid farewell reluctantly. They had become familiar with Qibao and agreed to play with Qibao next time. Then they followed their parents home.

Wang took Qibao's hand and said: "Qibao, did you have fun today?"

Qibao sweetly replied: "Happy!"

Wang smiled and said: "Then Qibao will often play with the children in the village. You are still so young, so this is the best for children. Grandma and your aunt can take care of the housework, and you don't have to worry about it as a child."

Listening to grandma's concern every word, Qibao felt warm in her heart. She understood what grandma meant, but she was not a real child after all.

The family returned home, packed their things casually, washed and went to bed.

.........

The next day the Xu family got up a little later than usual, the three brothers, Xu Dabo couldn't help but drink themselves due to the villagers constantly toasting with them last night, probably because they drank too much and didn't get up until now.

Brothers, they all went to school today by riding Grandpa Xu Dafu's oxcart.

When Qibao woke up, it just so happened that Xiaoliu had also just woken up not long ago, and was sleepily hugging Xiaoba, who stretched out his tongue to help Xiaoliu wash his face, and Xiaoliu giggled at the licking.

Qibao looked glad in her heart, Xiaoba was usually a smart dog, he didn't eat shit (poop), he only ate and drank spiritual spring water, otherwise... Qibao shuddered just thinking about it...

After Qibao washed up, Wang and the others brought breakfast into the dining room. The three brothers also got up, rubbing their heads, and were about to sit down to eat in a daze. Wang shouted: "What! Get up and eat? You're not as good as Qibao, who knows how to clean up after herself, and you're not as good as a child!"

When the three brothers heard their mother's scolding, they suddenly woke up and ran to wash up in despair.

When they came back, Wang and the others had already served breakfast to them to cool down. Since they had barbecued meat last night, today the mother and daughters-in-law cooked a pot of white rice porridge to relieve their tiredness. They paired it with a few side dishes, which was quite refreshing.

After huffing and puffing a fierce action, the three brothers ate their fill, dropped their dishes and left the dining hall. The workers did not have to work this morning, so they arranged for the three brothers to watch. 

Qibao and Grandpa said: "Grandpa, we seem to have forgotten something!"

Elder Xu asked in confusion: "What is it?" The rest of the family was also confused.

Qibao said: "We haven't told everyone about White Wolf yet!"

Only then did the family react, and the old man said: "We have all been busy and forgot about it. Let's talk about it later when we have a chance!"

After dinner, Qibao released the white wolves from the window of her room, intending to let them hunt on their own. The wolves were still a bit wild. The two white wolves came out of the space and headed towards Daqing Mountain excitedly.

In the afternoon when the workers are coming to work one after another, the three brothers came back when they had nothing to do and helped their father start making bamboo baskets. The mother and daughters-in-law were in the house sewing winter clothes for the children in the family, and it was a harmonious scene.

Not long after the Xu family had dinner in the afternoon, the village suddenly became noisy, with occasional panicked shouts from villagers mixed with the rapid sound of gongs.

The Xu family didn't know what was going on outside, and were about to go out to take a look, but before they could go out, Xu Chunsheng ran in, panting and gasping for air.

The old man asked: "Chunsheng, what's going on? Why is the village so noisy?"

Xu Chunsheng gasped: "No... It's not good! There are wolves in the village, two white wolves, coming in the direction of our village, my father asked me to tell you to hurry up and close the courtyard door, don't let the wolves into the house, and also gathered the village men with weapons to drive the wolves away! Enough of that, I'm going to help! You guys hurry up and close the gate!" After saying that, he ran out again!

None of the Xu family had regained their senses yet, and Wang slapped her thigh and said: "This is bad! It can't be the white wolves and them!"

Elder Xu hurriedly said: "Quick! Go and have a look. If it is really Bai Shuang and Bai Xue, stop it quickly."

The mother, daughters-in-law, and Xiaoliu were left at home, Qibao went with Grandpa and the others.

A few people went out, and when passing by the villagers' houses, the cries of children could be heard. The adults were usually afraid that their children would naughtyly go into the mountains, so they often told them that there were wolves in the mountains. It can be said that wolves are the shadows in children's hearts because they can eat children. Now that they hear that wolves have really entered the village, they are so frightened that they hide in their mothers' arms. The women hold their children in their arms and are worried about their husbands outside. They were leaning on the windows looking outside with worried expressions on their faces.

Xu Chunsheng hurriedly said as the Xu family had just arrived in front of him: "Uncle Dashan, what brings you here! Didn't I inform you that there are wolves and tell you to close the door, we are here, I don't believe that so many strong laborers in the village can't handle two wolves."

The other man also advised: "Yes, Uncle Dashan, look at us all with our weapons in our hands! We can drive them away even if we can't kill them." Although they had been talking to the Xu family, their eyes were fixed on the wolves without blinking for fear of a sudden attack.

Qibao saw through the gap that it was indeed Bai Shuang and Bai Xue, and immediately felt a headache. She had known better not to let them out, which would have frightened the villagers.

The old man and the others also saw that it was a white wolf and quickly spoke up: "Everyone is mistaken! This white wolf is raised by my family!"

"Shock!" The villagers felt that there was something wrong with their ears. A man stammered: "Uncle Dashan, look carefully, this is not a dog, it is a dog. Isn't there only one dog in your family, Xiaoba?"

The two white wolves saw so many people in the village blocking their way from a distance. They stood there in confusion, with gifts for their master in their mouths, but the master told them not to do so. They would hurt the villagers, so they didn't know what to do. Until they saw the Xu family coming, the two wolves would run to find their master.

When the villagers saw the wolf coming toward them, Xu Chunsheng blocked Elder Xu behind him, picked up the shovel and shouted: "Brothers, fight!"

Seeing this attitude, the three brothers of the Xu family quickly stopped and said: "Don't be impulsive, everyone. What my father said is true. They are really raised by our family!"