Ice Making

Qibao said: "How can that be done? One size fits all, and it will be deducted from the pill money."

Shopkeeper Hong smiled and said: "Well then, since you girl has said so, I'll just take it." He thought that it was up to him whether to deduct or not anyway, and besides, the master had specially instructed himself to take care of this girl, so even if he didn't collect the money, the master wouldn't be angry.

Qibao said: "Then we won't disturb Grandpa Hong. We still have some things to deal with at the barbecue restaurant, so we'll leave first."

Shopkeeper Hong nodded and sent the three of them out the door again. He didn't turn back to the medicine shop until the carriage had gone far.

As soon as Qibao entered the barbecue restaurant, because it was not yet meal time and the stove was not lit yet, the temperature was almost the same as the temperature outside.

When Shopkeeper Zhang saw his master coming, his heart was delighted, thinking could it be that the master had come up with a solution so quickly? So he immediately greeted them.

After everyone sat down, the old man couldn't help but ask: "Qibao, why did you buy so much saltpeter at once? Can this thing solve the problem of the barbecue restaurant?"

Qibao smiled and said: "Grandpa, you are right, it is indeed possible."

Upon hearing this, Xu Dabo found it unbelievable and said: "What does this have to do with medicinal materials? I really can't figure it out."

The old man said: "If you could figure it out, with this kind of brain, our family would already have enough food and clothing, why would you have to worry about Qibao?"

Uncle Xu touched his head nonchalantly and said nothing.

Qibao said: "Shopkeeper Zhang, go fetch a basin of water, it'll be useful to me."

"Yes, I'll go right away."

After a while, shopkeeper Zhang brought a basin of water and placed it on the table.

Qibao took some saltpeter and put it into the water. When all the saltpeter was dissolved in the water, the water in the basin began to slowly change.

Xu Dabo exclaimed: "This water is freezing and bubbling with cold air!"

The old man was also a little surprised. He stretched out a finger and poked it, and found that it was indeed ice. He felt a little unbelievable and said: "This really is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and since you can make ice in the summer, I've had an eye-opening experience today."

Qibao said: "Putting this saltpeter into water can absorb a lot of heat from the water, causing the water to turn into ice."

Shopkeeper Zhang was very excited. With this method of making ice, he was worried about not having any business.

So he flatterer said: "Master is really amazing. I have never seen any young lady as knowledgeable as you, master. I really admire you."

Qibao was speechless. Everyone knew the principle of saltpeter in the previous life, but every house had a refrigerator and no saltpeter was needed. However, in this ancient time, no one probably knew that saltpeter could make ice.

Qibao said: "I bought a lot of saltpeter. From now on, I will put a few more basins of ice in the hall at noon every day, so it won't be so hot."

"Yes, the little one understands how to do it." Shopkeeper Zhang said happily. As long as the business in the store is good, his salary will also go up.