Starting Construction

The old man coughed awkwardly and said: "No, I was choking, grandpa is fine!"

Qibao looked at her eldest brother again and asked: "Is the eldest brother choking as well?"

Uncle Xu scratched his head and said: "Yes, uncle also choked!"

In order to relieve the embarrassment, the old man said: "Let's go back. The materials and workers for road construction are probably here now!"

Qibao had finished her work and had no objection. She told the shopkeeper and left the barbecue restaurant and got on the carriage to go home.

When the carriage arrived at the entrance of the village, they saw large slabs of stone slabs and rammed earth piled everywhere on the ground.

The old man took Qibao out of the carriage. Qibao saw that there were some new faces everywhere that she had never seen before. 

The village chief called the old man back and hurriedly stepped forward and said: "Brother, all the materials have been delivered, but they haven't been finished yet. I can only deliver some every day. It also saves effort to deliver it to wherever the shop is. And I just counted more than 100 strong laborers. I recorded it all! There are a few people there who have done road construction work before, and I think they are pretty good, so I plan to let them guide others in their work!"

The old man said: "The village chief's arrangements are very good. I feel relieved when the village chief is here. How about we start letting them work now?"

The village chief said: "Sooner rather than later, I plan to let them start working now! They are more anxious than us. They probably think that if they work one more day, they can get one more day's wages!"

The old man said: "Good, then we'll leave it to the village chief to make the arrangements, Laoer, you'll run more errands for your uncle the village chief, and if you don't have enough silver, you'll go home and get it, got it?"

Xu Laoer nodded and agreed, and together with the village chief, he began to organize these men to start working.

The old man returned home with Qibao. When Mrs. Wang saw them coming back, she asked: "How was it? Will Leshan Pharmacy take it?"

The old man said proudly: "What? Don't you even believe your precious granddaughter? Shopkeeper Hong not only accepted it, but it was too little! Let us send more next time!"

Mrs. Wang was also very happy and asked: "How much does one cost?"

The old man replied: "I'll scare you to death if I tell you. I sold them for two taels of silver each!"

The mother-in-law and daughters-in-law sucked in their breath as they listened, Qibao said that she could make 20 to 30 pieces in one pot, and it didn't take a lot of effort and one was sold for 2 taels of silver! Is it so easy to......... Make money. Indeed, it is not easy for them to make money, but for Qibao, it is too easy!

Mrs. Wang picked up Qibao, kissed Qibao on the face and said: "Our Qibao is the little fairy who attracts wealth. Look, they just went out for a while and earned hundreds of taels!"

The old man took out the money and handed it to Wang. Wang took the silver and said to Qibao: "You are the most capable of making money in our family. Now we need money. When the roads are repaired and the family expenses are reduced, you can keep the money you make from making pills and use it as a dowry. Do you understand?"

Qibao said: "Grandma, I'm still young and can't spend money. How can I save for a dowry? I have private money of my own, so grandma can just take it with ease!" There are still five thousand taels in Qibao's space, which were collected from the former Yipinxian. She got it from inside and haven't spent a penny yet...