Growing Vegetables

Half an hour later, the mother-in-law and daughters-in-law brought the prepared lunch to the main hall. The adults and children in the family sat at the dining table, looking at the pot of fragrant braised pork, and everyone drooled. Xiaoliu was so greedy that his mouth watered.

At noon, Mrs. Wang specially plucked two white radishes from her vegetable patch, fried a large plate of shredded radish and diced radish, packed two plates of pickled side dishes, and specially steamed a large bowl of egg custard and a large pot of batter. It was the first time for the children to eat such a sumptuous meal. No one spoke during the whole meal. They all lowered their heads to eat the braised pork in their bowls. There were only the sounds of chewing and the clinking of bowls and chopsticks.

Everyone was satisfied with the meal, and all the children had round bellies. Xiaowu rubbed his belly with one hand and said with a smile on his face: "This meat is really delicious. I wish we could eat it every day."

"Yes!" Others nodded in agreement.

When Uncle Xu heard what Xiaowu said, he laughed and scolded: "You little bastard, you still want to eat meat every day. Do you think the money to buy meat comes from the wind? You should be grateful to Qibao for being able to eat meat. If Qibao hadn't risked her life to harvest it, You won't even see a single grease of oil!"

Qibao said: "Uncle, our family will eat meat every day from now on. Qibao has already thought of a way to make money!"

The old man heard what Qibao said and asked: "Qibao, tell grandpa what method have you come up with making money?" Everyone also looked at Qibao expectantly.

Qibao replied: "Grandpa, do you remember what I told you that my master gave me a lot of treasures? In addition to treasures, the master also has vegetables that we don't have here. I plan to sell these vegetables to a restaurant for the money, so that we don't have to worry about our family money has been spent!"

After listening to Qibao's words, the old man replied: "But does your master agrees with you taking these things out? Will he blame you?"

Qibao smiled and said: "No, my master said that I can take whatever he has there, because he can't finish it anyway. What's more, my master is a deity. Sometimes he goes into seclusion for several months without eating or drinking. The vegetables from the master's place are too many to let go of!"

The old man pondered: "Even if these vegetables can be sold in restaurants, it will be difficult for the villagers to explain the source if they find out over time!"

Qibao said: "We can sort out the vegetable garden behind the house. I will go to the master to get some vegetable seedlings and plant them in the vegetable garden. Anyway, the vegetable garden is enclosed and outsiders will not be able to see the vegetable garden. When the time comes, Just say that the seeds were bought from barbarians in other places."

The old man thought this was a solution, so he nodded and agreed.

The mother-in-law and daughters-in-law quickly got up and packed the dishes. Elder. Xu took his three sons to dig the soil in the vegetable garden behind the house. The vegetable garden was quite large, but there were very few things to grow. There was only one plant. Small plots of green radishes and spring onions.

The father and sons were busy loosening the empty land. Qibao looked at the land and had an idea in her mind. She planned to take out the tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and peppers in the space and plant them in her own vegetable plot.

After the mother-in-law and daughters-in-law washed the dishes, they also came to the vegetable garden to help. Several young people helped clean up the weeds and pile them together. The work lasted an hour before it was finished.

"Qibao, the vegetable patch has been sorted out. What do you think will be done next?" The old man asked.

"Grandpa, please step back and be prepared. The moment to witness the miracle is coming soon!" As she said that, Qibao waved her little hand, and rows of vegetable seedlings that no one had ever seen suddenly appeared on the ground, some of which were hanging on them. The red fruits are about the size of an adult's fist, and some have purple shiny sticks growing on them...

Everyone looked at the thing that suddenly appeared on the ground with shocked faces, their mouths open enough to fit a duck egg in! Although everyone had heard Qibao say that she could take anything out from her master, no one had seen Qibao take out anything before, and now everyone was shocked when they saw the way she took things out!

Even the old man who had lived most of his life took half a day to react, stuttering: " Qi, Qibao, did you take all this out?"

Qibao looked at the crowd's reaction and understood very well how they had to feel at the moment, and said to the old man: "Grandpa, these are all the ones I took from my master, hurry up and let uncle and the others plant the vegetable seedlings into the ground!"

After hearing what his granddaughter said, the old man quickly ordered his sons to help plant these rare vegetables in his garden!

It wasn't until all these vegetables were planted that everyone finally came to their senses.

Xiaowu rushed over and grabbed his sister's arm and said excitedly: "Sister, are you a fairy? How did you suddenly conjure up so many things?" The rest of the brothers immediately gathered around, surrounding Qibao in the center, chattering and asking his sister what kind of vegetables they were, and whether they were good to eat or not.

The women were also very curious about how to eat these dishes, and they all looked at Qibao with expressions begging for explanation.

Qibao replied: "I'll teach you how to make it tonight, it'll be delicious!" Then she turned to her father and said: "Father, can you go back to the house and get some large baskets and a bucket?"

Hearing his daughter's words, Xu Laosan hurriedly agreed and turned around to take a bucket and a few baskets out of the house. Qibao once again waved her little hand, and all of a sudden the originally empty baskets were filled with the same vegetables as in the ground, and the buckets were filled with buckets of spiritual spring water, all of these vegetables were the stock that Xiaoling had picked and put in the warehouse. The crowd was once again dumbfounded, but this time the crowd quickly came back to their senses ......

Qibao pointed to the bucket again and said: "Grandpa, this is spiritual spring water. This water can accelerate the growth of plants and has unexpected benefits for the human body. From now on, we will use this water for cooking at home. Now we need to pour some spiritual spring water on these vegetables." 

When the family heard Qibao say this, they also looked at the bucket of water with a cherished look on their faces, and the eldest aunt said with a heartbroken look on her face: "Qibao, do we really need to use this sacred water to water the vegetables?"

When Qibao saw the tangled expressions of her great aunt and the crowd, she bared her teeth and laughed: "Don't be distressed, I have plenty of this water, it's inexhaustible!"

Hearing Qibao say this, they no longer hesitated and took on the watering job! By the time the work in the vegetables garden was finished, it was already late.

Before it is time to cook dinner, the women of the family gathered together to help the children with the newly purchased cloth in the morning to make two outfits first, they can't go to school wearing patchy clothes, which will be laughed at by fellow students!