First Stage (of a building)

When everyone in the Xu family returned to Xujia Village, the workers were working in full swing. Elder Xu said loudly: "Everyone, all my family has gone to the town to buy furniture today. I couldn't entertain you all at noon, come to my house after work this evening to make up for this meal. We've got a meat stew for everyone, so come on over, there's plenty to eat!"

Xu Daniu said: "Uncle, it's just a meal. If you do this, you're treating us like outsiders!" Everyone else agreed.

The old man waved his hand and said: "It's just that I didn't treat you as outsiders, so I let you guys come to eat. Logically speaking, you are all my juniors, usually when you see me, you call me uncle. I can't let my own juniors suffer in any case! That's it, let's go back and prepare now. No one will be missing by then!" After that, he turned and headed back on his own.

The men who worked all felt that the Xu family's home was benevolent and righteous. They praised it and continued to work quickly.

In the evening, Xu Laosan and his children drove the bullock cart back. The Xu family secretly breathed a sigh of relief. They were afraid that Yipinxian would not give up and continued to send people to intercept them. Now that they saw that they had arrived home safely, they feel relieved. 

It happens to be dinner time, the Xu family brought a few pots of food in the courtyard on the wooden table, the workers also came in one after another ready to eat, this time because the food has become better, these people felt that their bodies have become more active, unlike the past. They don't have enough to eat, feel weak when doing things, and they feel that the most blessed thing is to eat when they are working in the Xu family.

The workers are now skilled at serving themselves, eating whatever they want, adding their own food when they don't have enough, and completely free from the embarrassment they felt when they first came to eat.

Xu Chunsheng was holding his rice bowl and saw the bandage on Uncle Xu's hand with sharp eyes, and asked in surprise: "Brother Xu, how did your arm get injured? Did something happen?" The other villagers supported Xu Chunsheng's words, and then they noticed the injury on Uncle Xu's arm, and they all asked with concern.

Xu Dabo smiled and comforted: "Don't worry, everyone. The injury is not serious. I accidentally fell off the bullock cart on the way to deliver food to Zuixianoul and scratched my skin. It will be fine after a while."

The villagers felt relieved when they heard that it was nothing serious. After a few words of concern, they continued to eat the food in their bowls.

After everyone ate dinner and left one by one, the mother-in-law and the four daughters-in-law cleaned up the dishes, followed Qibao to the courtyard to learn to read, a few older brothers also found it interesting, one by one, they also acted as a little teacher, taught everyone what they learned in the academy. All of them learned until it was getting dark, and then went back to their rooms to rest.

It's late autumn in a blink of an eye, the leaves have turned golden, looking at Daqing Mountain from a distance is another scene, and the weather is getting colder.

Old Xu's house is also very lively today. Because today is the day when the new house is built, early in the morning, enthusiastic villagers came to old Xu's house to help. The children in the village are also very happy today. They had been waiting at the door of the new house to spread the joyful candies and buns, and their little faces were a color of excitement.

A group of women and aunts in the small courtyard of the Xu family helped to wash and cut vegetables. After being busy, Qin Daniang spoke up and said to Mrs. Wang: "Look at your newly built house. It's really big and grand. I don't think any house in town can compare to yours. Your sons and daughters in law are all filial, and all their children are sent to school. If they become famous in the future, sister, you will be very lucky in the future!"

Goudan Niang also said with an envious smile: "Auntie, Aunt Qin is right, who in the village doesn't envy your family!" Then she asked: "Auntie, why don't I see your three sons?"

Mrs. Wang smiled and spoke: "My old man asked the eldest to drive the oxcart early in the morning to pick up the in-laws to come home to eat in the morning, my in-laws away from the Xu family village, there is an hour's road, I'm sure he's going to be there sooner."

Aunt Qin said: "So that's how it is, I see that your three in-laws are also blessed with insight, marrying their daughters into your family. Elder Sister, you're nice, treating your daughters-in-law the same as your own daughter, who wouldn't want to send their own daughter to such a family as a daughter-in-law?"

Mrs. Wang laughed and added: "Sister, you also know that I only have three sons and no daughters, so I'm very happy to welcome them. I've always wanted a caring daughter, but I don't have the life for it! I would like to thank my three in-laws for being willing to give me their precious daughter as my daughters-in-law. Well, as a mother-in-law, I cannot treat my three daughters-in-law badly. If they married into my family, then they'll be treated like a daughter. My three daughters-in-law also serve me as their own mother. Better than my three sons who are more attentive to me, how can I not like it." The three sisters-in-law also heard what their mother-in-law said, and they were very grateful that their mother-in-law was not just talking about her kindness to them, but she really treated them like her own daughters.

The other young daughters-in-law in the village who were working were very envious of the three daughters-in-law of Old Xu's family. Although their mothers-in-law didn't beat or scold them, and treated them okay, they didn't treat them as if they were their own daughters, and sometimes they would even put on their mother-in-law's airs.

At this moment, the sound of an oxcart was heard outside. When Wang went out and took a look, she immediately smiled and said: "It turns out that three in-laws are here. Come down quickly and have a rest in the house."

At this time, three women and three middle-aged men got off the bullock cart. The eldest daughter-in-law's real mother immediately smiled and went forward to hold Wang's hand and said: "It's been a long time since I last saw you, my in-laws. Congratulations to you in-laws. I didn't expect that your family would build such a big house. If I hadn't listened to Yifeng's explanation on the way, I wouldn't have known that your family had such a big happy event. Why didn't I know about it in advance? After a while, I can ask my Chunxi to come over and help, and this is not the right thing to do." After saying that, she gave Wang a scolding look.

At this time, an old woman came forward and said: "Yes, what the old sister said is true. Could it be that she doesn't regard us as her own family?" The person who spoke was the second daughter-in-law's biological mother, Mrs. Zhao. Lin's mother also smiled and agreed.

Mrs. Wang laughed and said: "Hei, just a little work, the in-laws are not close to the Xujia Village, and we can't delay your family's work, around our village is full of people. Just say something casually and everyone will be here, so how can you upset the in-laws? Well, stop talking outside and sit at home."

Mrs. Wang led everyone to sit down in the main room and poured tea herself. When the three daughters-in-law of the Xu family heard that their mother had arrived, they all happily dropped what they were doing and went straight to the main room, they were extremely happy. Since the three of them married into Xujia Village, they rarely see their parent except when they have something to do or go back during holidays.

Mrs. Sun lovingly patted her daughter who was holding her, and said with a smile: "You see, you are a mother of three children, but you still have the heart of a child."

Mrs. Lin said: "No matter how old a daughter is, she is still her mother's daughter. I can't always be around to serve you. I wonder how mom and dad are doing lately?" After saying this, her eyes turned red. Her parents only had one child. When her mother gave birth to her, she was bleeding profusely and almost lost her life. Fortunately, she was saved by a doctor. However, the doctor said that the excessive bleeding would hurt her body and that she might not have the chance to have children in the future.

Old Man Lin said: "Honglian, your mother and I are living well. There is no need to worry. Just take good care of the children. Don't worry about your parents. We will take care of ourselves."