Banquet

"Imperial son, what good things are there for your grandmother? Can Father also take a look and see?" At this time, a slightly majestic voice came, and a man walked in wearing a bright yellow dragon robe and a golden crown. He had a handsome face and an aura of nobility all over his body, but with a gentle smile on his face.

He walked up to the Queen Mother and saluted: "The son has met the Queen Mother."

The Queen Mother also smiled and said: "Get up and sit down, how can there be so much etiquette with mother, how can the Emperor have time to come over at this time when all the hundred officials have entered the palace."

 The Emperor spoke: "The banquet hasn't started yet, so I came over to try to pay my respects to Queen Mother, but I didn't expect to hear Chen'er say that there are good things for Queen Mother, and I would like to see what it is that can make Chen'er find it all good."

Jing Chen didn't say anything, he picked up the tea cup and took a sip with a calm expression on his face.

The Queen Mother sighed in her heart. Chen'er had always been prejudiced against the Emperor because of his mother's affairs. The emperor had always wanted to ease the relationship between himself and Chen'er, so she said: "Yes, Chen'er, let your father and grandmother open their eyes together."

Jing Chen heard his grandmother's words, so he called Yefeng Yeying to take the things he brought in, put them on the table, and then went back.

Jing Chen picked up a bottle of strawberry jam and said: "This is a jam made from a fruit called strawberry. I got it new and it tastes good, so I wanted to give it to my grandmother to try."

The Queen Mother looked at the small jar and said: "This is the first time I know that fruits can be used to make jam. What kind of fruit is this strawberry? Why haven't I heard of it?"

Jing Chen said: "Grandma, try it. This thing is rare. You can drink it by washing it with water, or you can use it to make snacks. It tastes good!"

Jing Chen picked up the cup and scooped a spoonful of strawberry jam into the cup, poured some warm water in, stirred it, and brought it to the Queen Mother.

The Queen Mother saw that the water turned red, and there was fruit pulp in it. It looked very tempting, so she picked it up and took a sip.

"This jam is really delicious when brewed. It's sour and sweet. It's quite appetizing and relieves greasiness. I feel a lot more relaxed after drinking it. It was good, not bad, it was such a good thing. It was difficult for Chen'er to find such a good thing." The Queen Mother liked it very much and praised happily.

Hearing his grandmother's praise, Jing Chen also curled up his lips and felt better.

The Emperor on the side also wanted to taste it and said: "Chen'er please brew me a cup as well, father wants to taste it as well."

Having said that, seeing Jing Chen as if he didn't hear, Grandma Gui stepped forward respectfully and said: "This work which needs to be done by the third prince himself, I've just remembered how to do it, so let the slave girl brew it for the Emperor to taste it."

Jing Chen looked at the emperor and said: "I gave this to my grandmother."

The Emperor smiled and said: "What? There are several jars here. Is it possible that your father can't even drink a glass?"

The Queen Mother also smiled and said: "Let your father try it. This is indeed something we have never eaten before."

Seeing that Jing Chen stopped talking, Aunt Gui placed the brewed jam tea in front of the Emperor.