Celebration

"Okay, let's all get on the oxcart! It's almost noon, don't keep your grandparents waiting!" Uncle Xu drove the oxcart back to Xujiacun after seeing that the children had settled down.

As soon as the oxcart arrived at the entrance of the village, it met several women returning from washing clothes by the river. Seeing that Uncle Xu drove an oxcart back, they were curious and asked Uncle Xu: "Uncle Xu, is this oxcart a new purchase for your family?" Without waiting for Big Uncle Xu to speak, Qibao jumped ahead and said: "Auntie, we bought this bullock cart in town today!"

When the women heard this, they had envious looks on their faces and continue to say: "It seems that your old Xu family is really getting a fortune, not only are you building a house, but you've also bought a cattle, and I've heard from Auntie Qin that your family is going to send a few more of your boys to school, so this is a really big deal! I don't know when my boy will be able to go to school....."

Xu Dabo exclaimed: "Auntie, my family is lucky. We have a cooperation with Zuixianlou restaurant, which makes life easier. Your son is still young. Even if he really can't go to school in the future, it's not a bad idea to learn a craft." After finishing speaking, He bid goodbye to those aunties and went home.

Xu Dabo drove the oxcart to the courtyard of the house, Elder. Xu was weaving bamboo baskets underneath the house when he saw that the eldest had brought a few children back and a cattle with him. He was puzzled and asked: "Eldest, where did you get this oxcart?" 

Xu Dabu replied: "Father, I bought this oxcart in town." He said, repeating what Qibao said.

After hearing this, Elder. Xu felt that Qibao was right. He just sized up the black bull for a few moments, and looked at it as a really nice bull. He happily took the bull rope and tied it to a tree stump in the yard, and then asked about the children going to school. He became even more happy and hurriedly asked his eldest son to take the children into the house to have a rest and drink some water. He ran to the kitchen to tell Mrs. Wang the good news, and also ordered some more dishes to be cooked at noon as a celebration.

The mother-in-law and daughters-in-law prepared the meal, and the family sat at the dining table. Elder Xu said with a smile on his face: "Today is a happy occasion for our old Xu family. Not only did the family buy the cattle, but the boys were successfully enrolled in school. I have no regrets in my heart. From now on, you guys, please don't let down your family's expectations. And don't let your sisters down, study hard, okay?"

The boys responded back immediately: "Grandpa, we will definitely not let our sister down, we will definitely learn well."

Qibao laughed: "Grandpa, I never thought about the future rewards of brothers, I only hope that brothers will be able to distinguish right from wrong in the future, and in the future, they will also take fewer detours, and do what they like, and I'll be very happy."

Mrs. Wang chuckled and said: "Old man, Qibao is right. All the boys in the family are good. Stop preaching and use your chopsticks quickly. Everyone is hungry!"

Elder. Xu listened to Wang's words, nodded, and explained that in the future, Xu Dabo would drive the oxcart to transport a few children to the school, and when he saw the eldest nodding his head in agreement, he picked up his chopsticks and ate, and the others ate afterward.

Not long after the meal, Uncle Chunsheng and the village chief, came to Old Xu's house with the drawings. When Elder Xu saw him, he greeted him and asked: "Why is Chunsheng here?"

When Chunsheng heard the question, he replied: "Uncle, I can basically understand the drawings given by Qibao, and my father has almost finished recruiting people, so he asked me to ask when the construction will start."

Qibao said: "Grandpa, since Uncle Chunsheng is all right and the village chief has recruited everyone, why don't we start construction tomorrow. If we build the house earlier, we can move in earlier!"

Elder Xu had always loved this little granddaughter, so he agreed and added: "Okay, now that everything is ready, Chunsheng, go back and tell your father that work will start on time tomorrow morning!" Chunsheng got up and left immediately after receiving the answer.

The whole family also went about their business. The brothers were in their room sorting out the pens, inks, paper and inkstones, they bought in the morning, preparing for going to school tomorrow. When Qibao was feeling that there was nothing to do, Xu Hua'er came to the door to look for Qibao to play, when Qibao saw the arrival of her best friend, she hurriedly took a stool from the house and put it in the yard. 

Mrs. Wang went into the house and took a few pieces of Osmanthus cake in a dish, placed it on the small wooden table in the courtyard and smiled: "Come on, Hua'er, taste if this osmanthus cake is good or not, you've come at the right time, my family Qibao was worried about no one to talk to to relieve the boredom!"

Xu Hua'er's eyes lit up when she saw the osmanthus cake, then she hurriedly waved her hand and said: "Granny Wang, I can't take it, keep it for Qibao and her brothers to eat!"

Seeing this, Qibao took a piece of osmanthus cake and stuffed it into Xu Hua'er's hand: "Sister Hua'er, you can take what my grandmother gave you, there's more at home, don't worry!"

Xu Hua'er took it after hearing Qibao's words, and said sheepishly: "Thank you, Grandma Wang, thank you Qibao."

Mrs. Wang smiled and said: "What are you thanking for, well, your two little sisters will play in the yard, I'll go and get busy first." After saying that, she went into the kitchen.

"Qibao, this is the first time I've ever had Osmanthus cake!" She said putting a small bite into her mouth and squinting her eyes in happiness.

When Qibao saw that Hua'er was eating so well, she said: "Eat as much as you like, you'll some more!"

Xu Hua'er hurriedly shook her head and said: "No, Qibao, it's already enough, this Osmanthus Cake isn't cheap, keep it for yourself!"

After listening to her friend's words, Qibao thought to herself. This friend the original owner made is not greedy. It is rare for children from poor families to see delicious food and to be so well-mannered. She was considerate of others, she was a nice girl, and she was worth making friends with, so she started chatting with Xu Hua'er.

The three sisters-in-law who were making clothes for the gentlemen in the house saw through the window the two little girls chattering away in the yard. Mrs. Zhang said: "Third sibling, look at Qibao's happy face. During this period, Qibao has been busy with the family, but it is rare for her to have the heart of a child!"

Mrs. Lin sighed and said: "I want Qibao to stay like this. This is what a 5 year old child should look like. But yet, she's carrying a burden that she shouldn't have at her age! It's all my fault as a useless mother, I feel so uncomfortable." She said with red eyes.

Seeing this, Mrs. Li comforted her: "Don't feel bad, 3rd Sister. Who in the family is not living a good life because of Qibao? Let's be nicer to Qibao from now on. Help Qibao do more things, So that she can relax!" Mrs. Zhang and Mrs. Li understood Lin's feelings very well. Imagine if it was she was her own child. It is something that adults should worry about, but it is carried on the shoulders of their own children. Can a mother not feel heartbroken...

Qibao was still talking happily with her little friend, not realizing that her mother was getting red-eyed again because of her, and even if Qibao knew, she would tell her mother that she wasn't tired, and that she felt especially happy to be able to do something for her family.

Xu Hua'er stayed in the Xu family until almost dinner time before bidding goodbye to Qibao, saying that she would come back to play with her next time she had time, and went home. The Xu family ate dinner and went back to their respective rooms to rest .........